Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Strikefestival Tribute to Monsters Of Rock and WYSIWYG

Pipo

Ok, i've got a show coming up in september, a hardrock-concert, never done it before so i need some ideas

i've got 54 PAR64, 8 Mac250, 4 Mac600, 4 x 3000W Strobe, 16 x PAR64 floorspot, 4 x 2000W blinder, 6 x 500W blinder,

This is the set-up: stage 8 x 10M

mor1.jpg

mor2.jpg

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

i'm using wysiwyg, i'm not going to create a lot of renders because the client saw the pics and he was convinced i'm just not sure

what coulors to use.

just white and 106 or 164,...,128,124???

Any ideas???

Oh, and i'm looking for a 48channel desk, price about 1000€

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

For a hardrock show I'd use some deeper colours, and use the fixtures for effect. So yeah, 106 would do nice, 124, maybe some 022, 119, and u must definitely use something like 343/180 as a "Deep Purple" wash ;) With the correct colours of your fixtures (macs have these colours) the effect of that is excellent.

Use 8 of your floorspots on the back of the stage, left and right of the drumstage, stick 115 in them and have a blast!

I'd raise the macs on the back if I were u. The macs at the drumstage have approx the same height, so maybe the effect is a little bit better when u raise those macs on the back, just rig 'em in the truss (render it and check the effect)

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

Thanks ice, will do, oh the bands who are performing: Gunz Roses, Bon Jovi tribute band and KISStory, one of those are from holland maybe you know them don't remember which one and one uses pyrotechnics, think it's KISS, have to find some showmaterial from these bands, saw Bon Jovi in Oostende last year but it wasn't very special, lot's of video and LED, but there is no budget for that :D

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

Yeah I know.. not to mention I'll have to buy it myself since I'm a lonely freelancer ;) Maybe some of my employers will lend / share me some euro's, but still... I really doubt if it's gonna be worth it, on the other hand; awesome, timesaving tool!

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
i'm using wysiwyg, i'm not going to create a lot of renders because the client saw the pics and he was convinced i'm just not sure

what coulors to use.

just white and 106 or 164,...,128,124???

Any ideas???

Oh, and i'm looking for a 48channel desk, price about 1000€

where did you download "wysiwyg"pm me