Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Introduce Yourself

Haytech

Hello my name is Sebastian Knut Hayduk and I live in Syke near Hannover in Germany.

I´m 23 years old, my interest besides doing lights are computers, climbing up and down again ;) swimming and internetsurfing as you can see I spend much time on the net.

I got my apprenticeship diploma in computersience four years ago

then I was draft into community service here I savour my time as ambulance driver.

Since two years I´m sysadmin at Feinblechsysteme Lentz GmbH which a are building sheetmetal works. I supervise about 35 systems in 2 buildings

there are about 5 CNC machines in our LAN too.

After work, at sunset I usually go to bed :lol:

At weekends I become "Haytech" doing lights for Pro Sound Showtechnik Nienburg a small hire company.

photo-552.jpg

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

Okay, here goes!

I'm Jasper Siegmund, 19 years old and I live in Etten-Leur; a small city near Breda in the Netherlands. I'm a college student, studying IT in Breda.

I'm a registered freelance lighttechnician, but I work mostly for 3 companies (IDAK/MUSS/TRALIE) which are situated in Etten-Leur. Mostly I do band-gigs, the fairly large ones. Sometimes I travel with real small sets; just 2x6 par 56', some effects and that's it! Sometimes the larger sets with our 10 Pro518, 4 Mac250s and some hired washlights or other fixtures. I do a lot of stuff; theatre, bands, local (house)parties, schoolplays, you name it...

I really like my work and I'm trying to combine it with school in a decent way, not always very easy but I'm managing!

oh and this is me on the left:

ik.jpg

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

Hi folks,

I was born in Nottingham in the year of the Rome olympics and the first episode of "Coronation Street" 8O

I spent three years at Warwick University (which is closer to Coventry than Warwick), learning how to play pool, pinball and frisbee golf. I must have done some studying as well, as I left there with a degree in Engineering Science in 1982 :)

A year after graduating, I moved to Cwmbran in South Wales to work as a software engineer for Ferranti. In the 10 years I worked there I was involved in a number of different projects including Royal Navy Command and Control Systems, Helicopter simulations and power stations.

Best moment while working for Ferranti - A barbecue on the flight deck of HMS Brave while sailing on a very calm sea between Gibraltar and Alicante in the middle of summer 8)

I joined Zero 88 in 1995 and have worked on several products including the Sirius 250/500, Illusion 120/240, Alcora and Elara, the Frog series, Chilli dimmers and controllers and the Illusion 500.

Originally employed as a software engineer (I vaguely remember writing some code several years ago !), I now spend most of my time writing specifications and user interface designs, testing lighting desks and dimmers, producing operating manuals (which apparently some people do actually read 8O ), and being the site administrator for both the Frog and Illusion support forums ... as you can probably tell by my number of posts :D

Below is a picture of me and my 'mistress' (nice hat !) :P

RomanaK9small.jpg

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

The details of my life are quite inconsequential...

Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for ducky. My mother was a fifteen year old French duck named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian woman named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

The details of my life are quite inconsequential...

Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for ducky. My mother was a fifteen year old French duck named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian woman named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Very funny :lol:

To be honest, how does that work proper ?

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie

My mother was a fifteen year old French duck

There is no question yet why you are "Software Guru" :lol:

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

Albert Einstein

Al Capone

indeed!! I would have been very worried if I thought he came up with that himself- deap childhood pains etc. etc.

S

Agreed, but do you think he will be brave enough to post a real biography :lol:

Come to think of it, only Haytech, Ice and myself have actually written our introduction pieces so far.

With over 400 members in this forum, there must be some more out there who could expand on their profiles slightly

... I mean I'm not expecting an autobiography from people :D

Bran Media | Myspace

wasn't planning to write an autobiography, but will introduce myself.

I'm Yves Proost, am 19 years old and live in Gierle near Turnhout (belgium).

I'm still at school where I study computer technology.

I'm working 4 years with lights for a couple of companies. at the moment I work at JAB-Productions. It isn't a big company, but we're growing fast.

I do lights for shows from 16 pars to over 60 pars, 24 moving heads and scans (martin, showtec, movitec), laser etc.

I don't do much stuff like bands and concerts. I'm more interrested in big parties and house events.

and finally a picture of me in the front trying to read the tekst on the mambo at a party on newyear. It was around 5 o'clock in the morning and the beer was tasted to good that evening, so I'm sorry if I scare someone :lol:

AAAA0199.JPG

IMG_0011_jpg.jpg

Me and my frog T-shirt :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, been watching the forums for a while so thought I had better fill this in.

Im Tom, im 18 and from Southampton UK.

Just finishing my A-Levels (woohoo !!)

Myself and my best m8 run a newly formed Sound and Lighting Sales/Hire company, which we set-up about 2 months ago.

We have built up a nice stock of kit..inc the fantastic Fat Frog along with a selection of Robe 160XT's and PAR 64's.

Tis a small lx rig atm, but we have plans to expand once we find sum more money !

Mainly we are looking to tech for Bands and Concerts..and have got a far amount of experience, and abouot to add to it a 1 week tour with a christian group around west london.

Intrests wise, I help out at a local amdram club, and a keen model boat/car/rocket builder and user.

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Frog Forum and the best of luck with your company.

I was wondering, how come it's only the 'youngsters' (if you pardon the expression) who have come forward and introduced themselves in this topic ? We are approcahing 500 members of the frog forum now, so there are must be a lot of you out there who are keeping quiet 8O

So come on folks, introduce yourself - you don't have to reveal your age if you don't want to :lol:

Bran Media | Myspace

Hi

To me it seems, that some of us are little apologetic to serve their information on www, maybe they are critic to share because it can be abused very easy.

I´m sure Zero88 won´t share any regristration data.

The Frog creators and users are very honest... :)

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

Albert Einstein

Al Capone

The only registration or profile data that is publicly available is that which the user enters himself when registering.

Many users choose to leave certain sections of their profile blank (eg location, website address etc.) and hide their email address or online status. This is perfectly acceptable.

Bran Media | Myspace

Hi all,

OK, Well I am Sam! I mainly do Stage Management as that is what I prefer however I do do lighting and always with a trusty fat frog in toe!

I am a bit of an internet freak really 8O as you can probably see from all my posts and I am the Marketing and PR guys for UKSLC. Its the UK Sound and Lighting Community and we provide a technical resource for technicians in the entertaiment industry and DJ's alike!

Anyway- Thats about it from me,

Sam

Well, ok then. Hi, my name is Daniel Crawford. I'm a lighting tech down here in Melbourne.

I finished school in 2002, and went into the railways straight away, but due to two fatalities (while driving), I decided to move into something more safe. Therefor I became a full time lighting tech.

I try to imitate some of the lighting effects from Pink Floyd concerts, but so far, havn't come really that close.

I always have my Bull Frog close to me at all times, and it works quite well with 10 Giotto Spot 400's and a few (6) MAC 250's, also in tow are 2 Technobeams.

Here is a horrible pic of me setting up at a small school production a few months ago. (i'm on the right)

http://images.fotopic.net/?id=4819467&outx=760&oq=0

Hi, I'm Neil and I am only 16 years old!

I am an enthusiastic amatuer at the moment, however want to take it to a professional level after A-Level completion, onto Uni I guess.

I have been involved with mainly stage lighting for about 3 years, starting off at school with a manual analouge strand console, and 3 analouge dimmers. I begun by lighting a Christmas Concert, then the school band (that was alot of fun - press a flash key - no programming and it worked very well). I then moved up in the world and got a new strand 300 series desk which I was later to find out to be an awful desk.

I joined my local amatuer theatre (quite lucky as it is a fairly big organisation that have some funding - we are not flush but they can spend enough to have a decent show). My local theatre was Bolton Little Theatre where everyone is an amatuer http://www.blt.org.uk and I begun using a Zero88 Sirius 48 Console, on some old powermaster DMX dimmers and some Zero88 Betapacks.

I joined the little theatre about August last year, and after reading lots of books, taking advice on different aspects and lots of practical work in March 2004 I was made Head of Lighting. (There had not been a head of lighting since I started, I believe she walked out after a dispute).

Our Sirius 48 sadly died a few weeks back, and I now have on order one Fat Frog (for the main stage) and one Frog (for the studio theatre).

Within 3 years I intend to replace the old Powermaster dimmers with 6 Chilli Jrs, add to my intelligent lighting collection (at the moment I have 2 scrollers - not much but its a start - and 2 more on order). Depending on future requirements we may go for some Macs. I also intend to purchase some Source 4s to add to our collection of Parcans, Floods, Fresnels and Profiles. We have alot of Generic lighting.

I am beginning to turn the department around, with new guidelines for working on shows and the new equipment.

Also - In Sepetember I start at College, and someone has promised me a slot on the team with himself to start using more advanced equipment.

Oh - and I've also done Sound work - however its not my forte!

Neil

Welcome to the forums Neil.

If you have any questions about the frogs' operation, suggestions for new features, information on shows you 've done, pictures etc. then please post in the relevant forums.

As you may have gathered, the Social Forum is the non-technical forum on the site and covers all sorts of unusual topics :lol:

Bran Media | Myspace