Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Starting Cues with Crossfades / hopping between cues

Dangi

Hello, 

I've got an urgent question. 

We would like to run cues with crossfade, not with the "Go" button. I suppose that "Manual Fader 2 way" mode is the way to 

go here. If I switch to this mode, I can't manually start cues with for example "Go + 5" anymore (which works in HTP master mode),

which is not convenient for rehearsals. 

Is there a workaround or better way which I haven't found yet? 

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Dangi said:

We would like to run cues with crossfade, not with the "Go" button. I suppose that "Manual Fader 2 way" mode is the way 

1 hour ago, Dangi said:

If I switch to this mode, I can't manually start cues with for example "Go + 5" anymore 

Correct - if you choose to use the fader to manually crossfade, rather than the GO button and the programmed times, the GO button stops working. 

1 hour ago, Dangi said:

Is there a workaround or better way which I haven't found yet? 

You can select the "Next" cue (Yellow line) using a mouse or touchscreen, and then the fader will fade to that cue

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Well, thanks for answers! Problem solved for now, since the guest technician is ok to work with the Go-Button.

A Workaround that came to my mind is to save each cue on a playback fader and program each playback button to trigger a "go", 

so we could have both worlds in the future. 

@ zero88: Maybe it could be possible to let us  use the Go-Button when in Manual-Fader-Mode? I don't see any reason why it 

is switched off. 

• 2 weeks later...