Jump to content
Zero 88 Community Support Forum
kgallen

Groups/Palettes - UI enhancement requests

Recommended Posts

(1) Use touch screen for group copy target.

Current: (syntax) GROUP n <COPY to> GROUP m

Enh: GROUP n <COPY to> <touch group>

 

(2) Add group name to any messages talking about the group. This is because you get a blank screen with only this message, so have to think "Is group 16 really my blinders?"

Current: DELETE GROUP n (or touch) -> "Would you like to delete Group n"

Enh: "Would you like to delete Group n "<group name>"

 

(3) Being able to "drag and drop" groups to rearrange them on the screen? (Not sure how viable this is, currently I use COPY then DELETE, but this is a bit slow. It would be ok to have to click a button at the top to enable "Rearrange" if a live drag-and-drop rearrange is considered too risky.

(3a) Maybe this could be allowed for palettes too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Kevin,

Many thanks for your comments. In a future software update, we are going to be improving the FLX copying, and also bring the "Move" functionality. 

Currently regarding copying groups, once you've tapped GROUP at the start of the syntax, you don't need to tap it again. For example GROUP 1 COPY 2. This saves a button press, but I appreciate your suggestion is a little more user-friendly, rather than fully syntax based.

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edward- Z88 said:

For example GROUP 1 COPY 2

Hi Edward, I need to check this as I was doing that originally and it wasn’t working until I typed the second GROUP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kgallen said:

(1) Use touch screen for group copy target.
Current: (syntax) GROUP n <COPY to> GROUP m
Enh: GROUP n <COPY to> <touch group>

Added your comments to ZOS-6935 which is similar

20 hours ago, kgallen said:

(2) Add group name to any messages talking about the group. This is because you get a blank screen with only this message, so have to think "Is group 16 really my blinders?"
Current: DELETE GROUP n (or touch) -> "Would you like to delete Group n"
Enh: "Would you like to delete Group n "<group name>"

Added as ZOS-8669

20 hours ago, kgallen said:

(3) Being able to "drag and drop" groups to rearrange them on the screen? (Not sure how viable this is, currently I use COPY then DELETE, but this is a bit slow. It would be ok to have to click a button at the top to enable "Rearrange" if a live drag-and-drop rearrange is considered too risky.
(3a) Maybe this could be allowed for palettes too?

Added an additional request for this on ZOS-5058

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Jon! And ZOS-8669 could be expanded to apply to palettes and cues too - probably pretty much the same code in ZOS that handles this I suspect!

I understand adding the name to the message probably wouldn't be feasible if a range was specified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, kgallen said:

probably pretty much the same code in ZOS that handles this I suspect!

Exactly 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.