Zero 88 Community Support Forum
tribo

Grand master control of fixtures

Hi all,

This has probably been asked and answered before but here goes....

fat frog running 48 dimmers and 8 individually addressed stairville LED pars starting at 49 (set as fixtures)

each par has 4 channels - 49 mode, 50 red, 51 green, 52 blue, then the next one is 53 mode, 54 red, 55 green, 56 blue etc etc......

This all works fine when you're just programming memories - you use the wheels to get the right colour in the right place....

but the grand master does not control the overall brightness. - Is there a way to achieve this?

Secondly - if I try putting individual colours onto subs (either as channels or memories) it fades the previous sub - even with the previous sub fader still up.

All suggestions welcome! :) cheers

Hi Tribo,

This is probably down to the fixture file. Most RGB fixtures that don't have a dedicated Dimmer channel have a Virtual Intensity, which allows the console to scale the RGB values as if the fixture has an intensity. If this is a fixture in the current fixture library let me know which one it is, and I'll go in and edit the file so the fixture does have a virtual intensity.

As a separate note, for Virtual Intensities to work on Fat Frogs you need to be running the latest version of FrogOS, version 10.12 available here...

http://support.zero88.com/975242041

This will also allow the submaster faders to fade the colour up. You will however still see colours snap if you fade red of one fixture up over the top of green on the same fixture for example, as the Colour attribute uses Latest Takes Precedence rules.

Hope that helps and makes sense, any queries let me know.

Edward

Thanks Edward - the fixture file is one I made for our PARs.

I'll get the latest OS on and then edit the fixture file  - fingers crossed! 😀👍

Hi Tribo,

No worries, let me know whether you need any advice on adding Virtual Intensities with the Fixture Editor.

Edward

Hi again,

I tried the OS upgrade and it tried loading it but then I get "desk ID is invalid"

"serial number not recognised"

"startup halted"

it won't go any further than that - if i remove the disk it starts up with the old OS.

any ideas?

Weird. The FrogOS on the floppy is an uncompressed file isn't it?

Might be time to check the battery unless you've changed it recently (below assuming your Fat Frog has a VGA output):

Hi Tribo,

As Kevin suggested, make sure the battery is healthy. Software updates will not be installed if the console is losing its Date/Time.

If you have replaced the battery recently and are still experiencing error messages whilst trying to update the software, format the floppy disk from the console. This can be found in Super User. Then plug the floppy disk into your PC and simply drag the software file onto the floppy.

Hope that helps, let us know how you get on.

Edward

20 minutes ago, kgallen said:

Weird. The FrogOS on the floppy is an uncompressed file isn't it?

Might be time to check the battery unless you've changed it recently (below assuming your Fat Frog has a VGA output):

ok.... I've replaced the battery and now it starts up with the upgrade disk (formatted on the console) but it loads the old OS

The file on the floppy is frogupg.osf (854kb) taken from zero88 website

Arrrgghhhhh!

Aha!!!!! - fresh battery - fresh floppy disk - BINGO! - we have an upgraded desk!!!!

Thankyou Kevin and Edward - 5 gold stars each! 👍😀👌

49 minutes ago, tribo said:

Aha!!!!! - fresh battery - fresh floppy disk - BINGO! - we have an upgraded desk!!!!

Thankyou Kevin and Edward - 5 gold stars each! 👍😀👌

Crikey , Tribo, you went through the mill with that a bit! I'm one of the lucky ones and so far I've never had an issue with my Fat Frog being fussy over floppy disks! (Although now I have an FLX the FF hasn't been out for a couple of years...  I must check the battery hasn't leaked!)

Enjoy, anyway!