Jump to content
Zero 88 Community Support Forum
ZeuS

Random intensity effect

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

How can I do a random effect on intensity?

I mean I would like to set the size and speed. Like the fader intensity effect just in random not in linear.

Thanks Daniel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Jon but offset is another thing, not what i need because its just pushing the starting position of several lights with the same effect.

I would like to create a flickering fire effect on  1ch regular dimmer. 

For example:

I set up the fader 80 percent give 10 size and 50 speed. Then the effect gives random intensity value between 80% and 70% changing with 50 speed.

Something like that.

Its really important to me because i am working in a movie with a lot of candle light or fire light and i have to reproduce these lights through the flxs quickly.

Thank you 

Daniel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, I understand - sorry.

Whenever I need a flicker effect, I create a chase of 5 - 10 steps at different intensities, and then set the chase to "random".

I can then add that chase to cues as-and-when I wish.

Jon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But i have to change the minimal and maximal value often it will be much easier with effect insted of generating new chase for every adjustment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ZeuS said:

But i have to change the minimal and maximal value often

Create a chase as mentioned above, but also set the Playback to "Inhibit". This means, a step at 80%, will actually inhibit the channel by 80% of it's current value. A step at 60% will actually inhibit the channel by 60% of it's current value, and so on.

That Playback can be triggered (either as-and-when you need it, or just triggered in the first cue of the show and left triggered). You can then record the intensity like normal into your cues, and the fixture will randomly flicker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jon Hole said:

Create a chase as mentioned above, but also set the Playback to "Inhibit". This means, a step at 80%, will actually inhibit the channel by 80% of it's current value. A step at 60% will actually inhibit the channel by 60% of it's current value, and so on.

That Playback can be triggered (either as-and-when you need it, or just triggered in the first cue of the show and left triggered). You can then record the intensity like normal into your cues, and the fixture will randomly flicker

Another entry for your "How To" applications note, Jon. I like it. But you can bet when I need to do it, I won't be able to find this thread. First time I've come across an application for Inhibit (I'm sure you pro's use it all the time though...!).

Kevin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kgallen said:

First time I've come across an application for Inhibit (I'm sure you pro's use it all the time though...!).

It's also useful for when you accidentally record Houselights / Haze / Workers into your cues :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Zeus,

As Jon described, the best and most effective way to achieve the effect you are after, is to record a Chase.

We are looking at improving our effects engine in future software updates, so I will bear your request in mind.

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Edward.

 

if i record a playback with this fire effect on fixture one is there a way to copy that playback to another fixture just changing the affected fixture?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ZeuS,

You can copy channel data from one fixture to another on our ORB XF consoles, but not on FLX S unfortunately. 

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×