Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Show DMX Output with "running" values on PhantomZerOS -> application hang

Edi

I wanted to play around a little bit with PhantomZerOS (7.9.3) without any real lighting fixtures.

So I tried to view the results of my programming in the DMX Output windows via the Z-Key.

I added just a single Martin Rush MH1 Plus to the fixture schedule and used a "Vertical Line" effect on it. As soon as I opened the DMX output window, I saw the values changing, but PhantomZerOS did no more react to my inputs and mouse clicks. I had to shut it down with the task manager. Tried again... The same issue...

Without continously changing DMX values (e.g. static dimmer values), there was no problem.

It seems if the DMX output window allocates all the resources so no input get's through to the application...

Can somebody confirm this happening for him, too? Is this just on PhantomZerOS or also on the real console?

I also found the 7.9.3 PhantomOS (FLX mode) sometimes doesn't draw the Front Panel window - just get a black panel, no buttons etc. This is on my work laptop (shhhh...) which is a relatively high spec Dell Ultrabook i7. I don't know if this has been seen by others. Have to close down PhantomOS and start it again.

3 hours ago, kgallen said:

I also found the 7.9.3 PhantomOS (FLX mode) sometimes doesn't draw the Front Panel window - just get a black panel, no buttons etc. This is on my work laptop (shhhh...) which is a relatively high spec Dell Ultrabook i7. I don't know if this has been seen by others. Have to close down PhantomOS and start it again.

Hi kgallen,

Yes I also experienced this. But only the first time I startet PhantomZerOS after a fresh installation.

3 hours ago, Jon Hole said:

We just tried this again on a lower-powered machine, and were able to recreate. Logged as ZOS-8548.

Thanks Edward. My machine is Acer Aspire 8930g Intel Quad Core I7 with 8GB of RAM and running Windows 10. So not really a weak machine, but probably that it was just recovered from sleep mode and some other things running in background. :-)