Jump to content
Zero 88 Community Support Forum
Looking Glass Theatre

Playing two ques at once

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

Can anyone help? I have a que to start a fade up on a Mac 300 to red over 20 mins, however there are other ques that take place during that time. When I hit the go button for the next que, the red stops fading up. Is there any way of solving this on my FLX?

Regards,

 

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi James.

Have you considered putting that cue onto one of the other playbacks?

You have 10 pages of 24 playbacks, each with their own Go button.

So you could put that cue onto playback 24 (next to the main Playback 0) and fire it that way.  You might need to Setup+[Flash button on 24] to set the button as a Go button, I'm not at my desk right now.

Pete

Edited by Jon Hole
10 pages of 24 playbacks, not 100 pages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Looking Glass Theatre said:

Hi,

 

Can anyone help? I have a que to start a fade up on a Mac 300 to red over 20 mins, however there are other ques that take place during that time. When I hit the go button for the next que, the red stops fading up. Is there any way of solving this on my FLX?

Regards,

 

James

Hi James,

If you are programming in Tracking mode with SmartTag disabled, the console will do this for you automatically. You can program your first cue where the Mac 300 goes red over 20 mins, and then continue programming all of your other cues (without the Mac 300 being tagged). Then when you advance through the cues after the Mac 300 colour cue, it will continue its 20 min fade, unless one of the following cues  gives it a new command before finishing its fade.

Hope that helps, any queries let me know.

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Looking Glass Theatre said:

When I hit the go button for the next que, the red stops fading up. Is there any way of solving this on my FLX?

As Edward says, so long as you're in Tracking mode, this should happen automatically as ZerOS executes "Move Fades" - ie, the only parameters that "move" (change) are the parameters that are recorded within that cue - so as long as those parameters aren't included within future cues, they'll be left alone doing whatever they were doing before - in your case, a 20 minutes fade. (Don't get confused with the word "move" - this is nothing to do with moving lights, and just describing that a "parameter" (could be intensity, colour, beam, position etc) is moving from one value to another).

Therefore, if you're finding that in your next cue the fixture is snapping, you're either (a) not in tracking mode, or (b) have programmed that moving light into the following cues. You can use the "Remove" function within the Record Window to solve this - go into the "following cue", clear the programmer, select the moving light, press HOME (this is just a quick way of "tagging" all the parameters of that fixture), and then press RECORD {REMOVE} CUE x ENTER.

Alternatively, as mentioned by Pete, you could store this on an additional Playback and either run it manually, or trigger it via a macro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edward- Z88 said:

Hi James,

If you are programming in Tracking mode with SmartTag disabled, the console will do this for you automatically. You can program your first cue where the Mac 300 goes red over 20 mins, and then continue programming all of your other cues (without the Mac 300 being tagged). Then when you advance through the cues after the Mac 300 colour cue, it will continue its 20 min fade, unless one of the following cues  gives it a new command before finishing its fade.

Hope that helps, any queries let me know.

Edward

Thankyou 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jon Hole said:

As Edward says, so long as you're in Tracking mode, this should happen automatically as ZerOS executes "Move Fades" - ie, the only parameters that "move" (change) are the parameters that are recorded within that cue - so as long as those parameters aren't included within future cues, they'll be left alone doing whatever they were doing before - in your case, a 20 minutes fade. (Don't get confused with the word "move" - this is nothing to do with moving lights, and just describing that a "parameter" (could be intensity, colour, beam, position etc) is moving from one value to another).

Therefore, if you're finding that in your next cue the fixture is snapping, you're either (a) not in tracking mode, or (b) have programmed that moving light into the following cues. You can use the "Remove" function within the Record Window to solve this - go into the "following cue", clear the programmer, select the moving light, press HOME (this is just a quick way of "tagging" all the parameters of that fixture), and then press RECORD {REMOVE} CUE x ENTER.

Alternatively, as mentioned by Pete, you could store this on an additional Playback and either run it manually, or trigger it via a macro.

Thankyou

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Edward- Z88 said:

Hi James,

If you are programming in Tracking mode with SmartTag disabled, the console will do this for you automatically. You can program your first cue where the Mac 300 goes red over 20 mins, and then continue programming all of your other cues (without the Mac 300 being tagged). Then when you advance through the cues after the Mac 300 colour cue, it will continue its 20 min fade, unless one of the following cues  gives it a new command before finishing its fade.

Hope that helps, any queries let me know.

Edward

Brilliant 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×