Zero 88 Community Support Forum
phunsoft

Part of the fixtures recordes in a playback had intensity 0 all over a sudden

I've been working with a Fat Frog every now and then, so I think I basically understand the concepts. Recently, our community replace the equipment with an FLX. It's the first time I'm working with this, and I (unfortunately) was not introduced to it. So learning by doing on my own. Please bear with me.

Yesterday, I had setup a few scenes and recorded them into different playbacks. This it the way I did it on the Fat Frog, and it worked well for my needs.

All seemed to work well, but the I must have done something stupid inadvertantly. Some playbacks did no longer output any intensity to some of the fixtures in the cue, while others got the intensity as resorced. I had been turnin on and off those playbacks a couple of times successfully, before this started to happen.

I was unable to see how to fix this, but as if by magic, after several tries and using other playbacks, the ones that caused problems started to work again as programmed.

Does anyone hav a clue what I might have done, or what I could have check. (I'm not at the console until Saturday).

Another problem arose at the same time: Some of the fixtures still had some intensity. I was using the faders to catch the indentisty and bring every one to intensity 0. Funnily, when I hit the CLEAR key twice then, some fixctures got some intensity, yet all faders were at 0. I had o cllue what was going on here. Again, after some time trying this or that, this behavious disappeared as well.

Please excuse the vague description, but it is difficult to explan such strange behaviour when you don't master the FLX yet. There is still come learning curve ahead of me.

Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter,

In the Output Window, intensities shown in red are from the "Programmer". The easiest way to think of this, is it's where information goes before you record it somewhere. So if you push faders 1 - 6 up to 100%, this information goes into the "programmer". You may choose to then record this (so the information is transferred from the "programmer" to where you record it), or you may choose to clear the programmer, by pressing CLEAR twice (first press clears the selection, second press clears the programmer). If you pull those six faders back down to 0%, this new information goes into the programmer. The important thing to remember about the programmer is that the programmer always wins. So often, you may push up faders, record to a cue, pull down the faders, and then try and play back that cue. But pulling down the faders has added lots of 0%'s into the programmer, and the programmer always wins, so it appears like the cue hasn't worked. Press clear twice, clear the programmer, and now the cue works.

Another thing to bare in mind if you're coming from a Frog console - don't lower the Playback Fader when recording cues. If you're recording cues into a Playback (the Master Playback for example), just keep the fader at full (100%).

You may find out YouTube training videos helpful.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.