Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Moving Fixtures onto Preset Faders in ZerOS 7.9.3

TrippingZebra

Hi, just testing the new v7.9.3 PhantomOS for Solution prior to rolling out to desk.

With new Fixture Schedule, can we still move Fixtures onto the Preset Faders? The move option seems to have disappeared. In fact we don't seem to have control of which MFK's we place the fixtures on any more. 

This was a great feature of previous versions of ZerOS on the Solution  and once I discovered it a few years ago, I now pretty much always move Fixtures onto the Preset Faders, as it makes the Fixtures more readily available for selection than the MFK's, where you often have to switch to GROUPS or FIXTURES to select.

I can't see why the option can't be added to the Fixture Schedule?

I am pleased Solution is still being updated and enjoy many of the new features, but this is a loss of functionality, unless I am missing something

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

I think you can move a Fixture to a Preset-Fader by editing the Channel-Number to 1-48 (or 1-96 for the XL). Fixtures on the MFK-Block ar numbered 101 upwards.

I consider where Channel-Numbers 97 to 100 are controlled.

Greetings

Uli

--
you learned how to creep and you learned how to crawl
but you never really learned anything at all

Well thank-you uli-s_kn!

That's perfect thanks, renumbering channel numbers works exactly as you state.

I am now trying to think whether that was the behaviour of the desk before - I always used the "Move" function in "Edit Fixtures" and didn't take much note of the channel number. Unfortunately my physical desk (on 7.9.2 still) is currently on site so unable to test, I seem to think channel numbers didn't previously dictate location?

Anyway, it doesn't matter as long as it works!

Thanks again

Simon

9 hours ago, TrippingZebra said:

I seem to think channel numbers didn't previously dictate location?

That's correct - any fixture could be placed anywhere without the fixture number changing, which could become very very confusing. 

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control