Zero 88 Community Support Forum
pip

Frog 2 Firmwareupdate 7.8.2.39

Hi,

I have a question about the how to do this update.
I have a Frog 2 running software is 7.8.0. and I try to update to 7.9.2.50 but it will not work.

I did like instruction told me, create a recovery stick with the little program and plug it in to the USB near to network, but console always ignore this and boots in 7.8.0

So what can I do?

Hi Pip,

ZerOS 7.9.2.50 isn't compatible with FROG2. The latest software release for FROG2 is ZerOS 7.8.2.39 available here...
https://eatonfilesharing.app.box.com/v/ZerOS/file/129738972125

Download the .zip file, extract it, run the .exe file on your PC with a blank USB stick plugged in and follow the on screen instructions. Then plug the memory stick into the console and boot the FROG2. You should then see a screen that says Install ZerOS 7.8.2.39.

Hope that helps, any queries let me know.

Edward

Hi Edward, thank you very much for your quick reply.

I'm afraid to here console will not be longer supported, sound wars different, in the beginning of these year.

But I did, like you told me and console dose not show any screen asking to install, always boot to 7.8.0  (I'm using a 8GB USB stick, is this maybe the problem?)

Maybe it interessting too, the is one USB Port on the front.

Now have used my oldest usb I found 4GB same result, thank have checked an older Software version 7.8.1 same result, console always boots on 7.8.0

best regards to you

Hi,

this is funny, did like the link told me, with two usb sticks (my very old 4gb an a newer 8gb) but console boots in 7.8.0 noe window for update select, nothing :D

before I did, I just made the stick boot able with windows diskpart, in that way it works well a avolites titan.

any ideas what I can do?

best regards

Hi Pip,

Ok thanks for trying that. What is the USB Stick formatted to? To find out in File Explorer on your PC, right click on the USB stick -> Properties. 

Make sure it is formatted to FAT16 or FAT32.

Kind regards
Edward

Hi,

it is formatted in FAT32, I use a old laptop with XP, working well (have never seen the world wide web :D)

thank's for your reply, Edward.

Hi Pip,

Just a thought to check: the new software will need to be in the root directory of the USB drive otherwise the desk won't see it. Can you check that's the case?

Kevin