Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Manual fade times

Lufferov

Is there a way to set manual fade times? For instance, when I'm busking a show with moving lights and I go from one position pallet to another, they always transition as a snap. but I'd like to have them move over say 2 or 3 seconds so it's not as jarring. Same with the colour attribute, instead of snapping to a colour pallet, I'd like it to fade. I just want my changes to be more subtle during a gig... I could turn the intensity off before making the changes, but it's quite nice to be able to move the lights to different positions during a song sometimes.

What would be really nice is the ability to set a fade time that is stored in the pallet, so I could set up the same positions but with different times associated with them. Say a snap (0s), fast(2s), medium5(s), slow (8s). But as a bare minimum I'd like to have a default "manual" fade time option in the "Defaults" setup page.

Maybe this is already a feature? But if it is I can't find it.

Thanks for the quick reply ziglight, I only have PhantomZerOS at home and I don't know how to press multiple buttons on that with a mouse :) I can try it at work on Monday on the desk, but can you tell me what pressing TIME while changing pallets actually does?

Haaaang on.... There isn't a TIME button on the FLX..... Are you winding me up?

Hello,

The TIME button function Ziglight describes is for Solution consoles.

You need to setup a Programmer Time Playback Fader as Ziglight said. To do this press and hold SETUP + an empty Playback. You can then select "Programmer Time" from the different options. Varying the level of this fader will adjust the Programmer Time in the console that "live" programmer changes adhere to- such as palettes. This is on a scale from 0 seconds to 11 minutes 30 seconds. To activate the Programmer Time press its respective Playback Flash button. You will see the time and whether the fader is active within the Playback Window.

On Phantom ZerOS to press and hold a button right click the button you wish to press and hold, left click your other button, and then right click again the button you had held down to release it.

Hope this helps

Edward

Thanks for the quick reply ziglight, I only have PhantomZerOS at home and I don't know how to press multiple buttons on that with a mouse :) I can try it at work on Monday on the desk, but can you tell me what pressing TIME while changing pallets actually does?

Haaaang on.... There isn't a TIME button on the FLX..... Are you winding me up?

I think it's right click ;)

Alternatively the programmer time is also accessible if you push the 'Z' button it should be on the last encoder, push the button in the middle of the encoder to activate the programmer time.

Very true, ideal for if you don't want to use up a fader.

Edward

You need to setup a Programmer Time Playback Fader

Alternatively the programmer time is also accessible if you push the 'Z' button

We've had several requests for the ability to disable the Grand Master, so in the future you'll be able to use the Grand Master for other functions instead - such as this.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control