Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

scroll function for playbacks

ziglight

Hello the Team

you did a great Job with the new Remote-app which is better than the last version

I appreciate especially the Command-Line-Syntax

It would be great to have in the Syntax also a "DMX-button" as on the Solution desk (very useful while focusing

question : the button "Group" on the Syntax, what is it expected to do ?? (how to use it ? - grouping commands ? but how ?)

and is there any chance to get one day scroll-function for playbacks ?

specially on the playback page things are not easy at all !!!

-- only 6 playback on a page at one time !! (and 34 pages)

-- and we have to go UP or DOWN one page after the other

-- no scrolling forward or backwards

-- no shortcuts to head to a given page

when launching the Remote-app we are on page one (playbacks 1-6)

say I want to access playback 137, I have to hit the up-botton 22 times !! (or the Down-Button 10 times!)

even to go to playback 43 makes already 7 times "change page"

we have scroll-function for Pallets; is there a chance to get scroling also for playbacks ? or at least some sort of a menu to chose a given page ...

thanks

Hi Ziglight,

The GROUP button on the app is designed for recalling groups of lights that you have previously recorded on the console. For example record your FOH warm to Group 1, and then on your app you will be able to type GROUP 1 @ 70 to bring all your FOH Warm fixtures to 70%. I find it useful when moving around the rig focusing being able to call up Groups in the order I want them to be focused in, rather than having to look at the plot for channel numbers!

When do you think you would need the Direct DMX function when using the app? I can maybe see for testing, but otherwise channel control is probably all you need on a remote? Just interested to hear your thoughts!

It's worth remembering this is indeed an app primarily designed for the small phone screens, and so when using multiple Playbacks it's never going to be the easiest on a small touch screen! Don't forget that you can get ZerOS remote monitor for PC which connects to the console in exactly the same way as the app, but has a UI similar to that of Phantom ZerOS.

http://zero88.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/342/

Edward

Hi Ziglight,

The GROUP button on the app is designed for recalling groups of lights that you have previously recorded on the console. For example record your FOH warm to Group 1, and then on your app you will be able to type GROUP 1 @ 70 to bring all your FOH Warm fixtures to 70%.

Hello Edward

yess I for sure know to use groups... B)

my question is what the "group button" on the I-Pad-App is expected to do ??? I guessed that it should activate a GROUP but it doesn't

for example the syntaxe you gave : "GROUP 1 @ 70" brings up channel/device 1 to 70% (and not as expected "Group1-selection") !!!!!

exemple :

my group1 contains channels 1 to 5 !

the command on the I-Pad Remote App:

"1 THRU 5 ENTER" activates selection of channels 1 to 5

but "GROUP 1 ENTER" activates only selection on channel 1 !!

note that : on the Solutiondesk : pressing GROUPS button; than [special Page2) and "1 ENTER" activate the channels 1 to 5 and a second command as "@ 70" bring up these channels at 70% intensity

(just to say : the command-line ability is there; but it dont work on the Remote-App !)

direct-DMX-access while focussing can be useful (for me...)

-- maybe you have put a stage-service-light onto a dimmer just to get it on or off while focussing but without necessarily patching it into the show-file... the DMX direct command is ideal !

-- you bring up a channel but there is no light.... maybe the patch is wrong, maybe the lamp has broken... bring the DMX up will help to see

-- you have 4 dimmers on a given channel but for focussing you might wish to light them up one after the other.... (instead all of them together)

-- same scenario; you bring up a given channel where 4 dimmers are patched; but you want one of them not to output -> you just bring it down with the DMX command leaving the three other "on"

-- testing : without need to remember the (crossed) patch for a given show; and knowing the "dimmer-locations" of my theatre its sometimes quicker to test by DMX-command (patches are changing all the time, depending on companies and shows; my electrical dimmer-implementation in a given theater is allways the same and "labeled" !)

that said : DMX command is useful but one could live without; I am happy that it exists on the Solution Desk... so whynot put it also in the APP ? its just à little wish :)

It's worth remembering this is indeed an app primarily designed for the small phone screens, and so when using multiple Playbacks it's never going to be the easiest on a small touch screen! ........

yesss I easily understand that...

but in the sound-universe for example you have Remote-apps (I-Pad or I-Phone) for consoles which are able to show up 60 channels ! maybe only 6 or 8 ou 10 at a time; but with the finger-scroll you head to any channel you want in a second... (and without having to press NEXT 15 times...)

the ZerOS-Remote app already has this feature for pallets... so why not implementing it for the playbacks too ?? (just one more little wish... :) )