Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

lack of support

SimonH

Well that was fun. An hour and a half before the start of the final dress rehearsal I have to reboot the desk to reset the external monitor as it wasn't behaving itself. I save the show to USB before shutting down. When I re-boot it doesn't find the show and decides that it a fresh show with no patch.

That's ok I thought I'll just load the show from the USB I have been regularly saving the show to but NO it has corrupted that as well and I am left with no show at all!!

A quick look at the support page for Zero88 only to find no reference to out of hours support and no way of getting any help. I try Jon but he is on unavailable until 17th April and he suggests I contact the office if it's urgent!!

Looking at both Strand and ETC they both have 24/7 support. I'm not saying my file could have been repaired but next time I specify a desk for anything this will have a huge impact on my decision.

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear you didn't receive the support you'd expect. Zero 88 are known for our industry-leading support, but in this situation it sounds like we fell short on out-of-hours support. Unfortunately we're struggling this week slightly, as we've sadly lost one of our colleagues, and a lot of our team are in Frankfurt this week.

Did you contact our support line? That is usually answered at all hours, or worst case goes to an answerphone where someone will call you back.

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control