Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Editing Cues in Playbacks

JamesBH

Is there a way to go back and edit a cue in a playback? I have not found a way of doing this and have had to delete a whole playback to then re-record it.

Also, is there a way of releasing an individual fixture parameter i.e. pan, tilt or colour, beamshape etc without clearing or homing the fixture?

Hi James,

Yes to edit a cue in a playback press LOAD [then your playback number] / [your cue you want to edit] ENTER.

The data will then be loaded into the programmer for you to edit.

You can then make your changes and press UPDATE, ENTER.

To Release whole attributes press HOME + ATTRIBUTE KEY (Position, Beamshape, Colour)

To "Untag" a parameter (so that its data won't be recorded) hold CLEAR + Jog the wheel of the parameter you don't want to record.

Hope this helps

Edward

• 1 month later...

Yes to edit a cue in a playback press LOAD [then your playback number] / [your cue you want to edit] ENTER.

The data will then be loaded into the programmer for you to edit.

Hello

This does not work on my console (without external keyboard); the command line on "special-page" 2 does not show the slash "/" (I did not try with the remote app, will try this later...)

I tried this one :

hit LOAD and enter the number of the desired Cue; all playbacks are blinking; select the one you need (hit its flash-button); and it will load the Cue into the programmer; this workes most of the time but fails sometimes => sometime another Cue is loaded into the programmer.... never understood why this fails (rarely)

better thing to do : bring up the Cue you want edit; edit it and hit update; select the right Cue if there are more than one choice and hit ok.... its done ! (just be careful not recording unwanted light-states into your cue...)

better thing to do : bring up the Cue you want edit; edit it and hit update; select the right Cue if there are more than one choice and hit ok.... its done !

This is exactly what I'd suggest - it's super easy. If the cue is in a chase, or a followon, pressing SHIFT+GO will snap the cue (rather than fading it) and pause any following cues (as long as you haven't change any of the GO button functions in Playback Setup).

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 2 weeks later...