Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

ZerOS 7.9.2 Group Page Issue

Good afternoon guys,

I have upgraded to ZerOS 7.9.2 a week ago so I've not had much time to get used to it but I have found an issue.

I wanted to create a new set of Groups on Group Page 1 because I have Desktop 2 on our touch-screen set where it is split into 4 windows. Top left window Groups, Top right window Positions, Bottom left window Beamshapes and Bottom right window Effects. When I moved off Desktop 2 to another Desktop and then moved back to Desktop 2, if you had left the desktop with each of the windows where they had been scrolled down to say page 6 or page 10 for example, when you return the windows will have reset to page 1 again and this is very frustration (is there a way to stop this from happening?). Therefore I wanted to create all my most needed Groups to show on page 1 to help with this reset issue.

The main issue is that when you create your Group and attempt to save it to MFF 1 for instance, you get the warning message Group 11 is already programmed. What do you want to do? If you save it saves it to MFF 11? and it happens exactly the same in reverse (if you save to Group 11 it gives you the warning for saving to Group 1)???

So far this has only happens on Groups Page 1 and 2.

Leighton

Good afternoon guys,

I have upgraded to ZerOS 7.9.2 a week ago so I've not had much time to get used to it but I have found an issue.

I wanted to create a new set of Groups on Group Page 1 because I have Desktop 2 on our touch-screen set where it is split into 4 windows. Top left window Groups, Top right window Positions, Bottom left window Beamshapes and Bottom right window Effects. When I moved off Desktop 2 to another Desktop and then moved back to Desktop 2, if you had left the desktop with each of the windows where they had been scrolled down to say page 6 or page 10 for example, when you return the windows will have reset to page 1 again and this is very frustration (is there a way to stop this from happening?). Therefore I wanted to create all my most needed Groups to show on page 1 to help with this reset issue.

The main issue is that when you create your Group and attempt to save it to MFF 1 for instance, you get the warning message Group 11 is already programmed. What do you want to do? If you save it saves it to MFF 11? and it happens exactly the same in reverse (if you save to Group 11 it gives you the warning for saving to Group 1)???

So far this has only happens on Groups Page 1 and 2.

Leighton

Also just found the same type issues in saving Colour Pallets!!!

This is now restricting my use of the desk and need some urgent assistance is needed please!

Thanks

Leighton

Hi both, sorry for my delay in replying.

Leighton, just to confirm when you say "MFF", you mean "MFK" (Multi Functional Key, on the right hand side?).

If so, I've just had a go at recreating this and can't... are you able to email me a showfile where it happens so I can work out what's causing this?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi both, sorry for my delay in replying.

Leighton, just to confirm when you say "MFF", you mean "MFK" (Multi Functional Key, on the right hand side?).

If so, I've just had a go at recreating this and can't... are you able to email me a showfile where it happens so I can work out what's causing this?

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon,

No worries. I know you've been away.

Yes MFK's sorry Jon.

I'll take a copy tonight. Where shall I send it?

L8