Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

naming cues in syntax

keredyelesob

Hi, I think this is more a bug for the Zero 88 team.

I am running 7.9.2 released OS, when programming a show last week i was using the syntax [record][name] and entering a name. this worked for all of the cues I had recorded but here is the problem;

When I use the syntax i expect the name to be clear if it is going into a new cue, allowing me to type a name in,

if i am updated or overwriting a cue, for example [record][22][name] (cue 22 has been previously recorded and named) i expect that the name field should be populated with the original name of 22, so you know that you are overwriting it.

this all works fine, but now the bug, One i have updated or played back an existing cue the syntax [record][name] now pre-populates with what ever cue was last to be played back or updated giving the impression that you are about to overwrite an existing cue, but all you are doing as added a new cue.

Is it possible to have the name field blank if you are recording a new cue, and only pre-populate it if you are editing a cue?

Cheers

Just an additional thought on this, when the virtual keyboard is displayed for naming the cue it currently shows 'FLX Record Option' could you append the cue number to the end if its relating to an existing cue, and append 'new cue' or an asterisk if its relating to a new cue? so its would then read 'FLX Record Option for cue 22' for updating/overwriting existing cues and 'FLX Record Option for new cue 23' for recording a new cue.

the syntax [record][name] now pre-populates with what ever cue was last to be played back or updated

Appears that it's pre-populated if the last cue that was recorded is the last cue in the list. If you record a point cue, the next Record Name is left blank. Added as ZOS-7572

Just an additional thought on this, when the virtual keyboard is displayed for naming the cue it currently shows 'FLX Record Option' could you append the cue number to the end if its relating to an existing cue, and append 'new cue' or an asterisk if its relating to a new cue? so its would then read 'FLX Record Option for cue 22' for updating/overwriting existing cues and 'FLX Record Option for new cue 23' for recording a new cue.

Added as ZOS-7573

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control