12 members have voted

1. 1.

• Amazing
    • Good
    • Alright, Average
    • Bad
    • OMG It was awful!

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to try out the Diablo!

Whats it like, how does it compare to similar desks on the market and finally where is the cheapest place to get one, any where with any offers or bargains on atm??

Thanks,

Sam

• 5 months later...

I have worked with the diablo a few times and I dont find it to be a user friendly desk at all. Unlike the frogs, which are extreamly easy to work with, esspesialy when dowing lighting shows on the fly, busking is what we do best, like club show, quick dance shows and so on. You cant do that with the diablo, or not as far as I know. I just like the Mambo frog most of all. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi Shabz, welcome to the forums!

We're glad you like the desk which is 4.5 times the price!

Seriously though, if you have any suggestions which you think would make the Diablo more friendly (apart from making it a whole lot bigger and adding bucketloads of more buttons and faders), we'd like to hear them.

Cheers,

Paul.

We're glad you like the desk which is 4.5 times the price!

That gets thrown around a lot here. I know budget matters, but I don't think it has anything to do with user friendly-ness... The term user friendly doens't apply to the features of a device, but to the way those features can be operated by the user, and that has little to do with budget, more with the smart thinking of the designer (they always keep on bugging us with "think like the client would think", a stupid line but I guess it does work).

Just a little reminder because a lot of requests are met with "budget" lines.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

Hi all,

an interesting discussion going on here. :wink:

Well, here are my statements.

I fooled around with the Diablo yesterday. It´s worth its money I think. You got a lot of features competitive products don´t have. You´re right to say the diablo is not that easy like a frog. I guess that wasn´t even the goal for the Diablo. The Diablo, I think, is a nice controller for a kind of "pre programmed patterns" in smaller clubs. The type of clubs where you have a one man show at the counter :twisted:

Even the guys who are on the road doing partiemusic AND lights like birthdays, marriages and stuff like that. They work with the same setup every night. These people almost have no time to bother about a "crative" lightshow. They need a reliable controller which is once programmed and than works through all there events. "Turn on and forget. By the way the 4 aux buttons are really great for foggers, strobes....... :wink:

cheers

Sven

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna