Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fixture Tools

ziglight

hello

I have a Parallel-Desktop Licence, very useful for software that is only available on Windows....

but it would be much easier to have Mac-Version .... (and most Softwares now are available for Windows AND Mac-OS...)

thanks for the hint "winebotter" which is a free "windows emulation"; I just tried that and it seems to work very well !! (even phantomOS seems to run well ! I once bought WinOnX but this is not very operational (only some rare Window-Softs really run correctly on it !!)

thanks anyway for the answer (.... and maybe one day, Eaton and Zero88 will publish some "real" MacOS-software...??..!! :) )

• 4 weeks later...

Our aim is slightly different - we want to reduce our reliance on OS software completely, so it doesn't matter if you are using Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, Android etc.

We can't do this 100%, but there are things we're doing:

- New ZerOS software installations only need to be downloaded, unzipped and saved onto a USB stick. This can be done on any operating system, with or without admin rights, etc

- We're aiming towards dramatically increase our fixture library (over 4 times more comprehensive) to reduce how often you need to build profiles. Then, if you do, we'll provide a way of building fixture profiles directly on the console, opposed to via separate software, removing the above issue

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 1 year later...

The problem I'm having with running Wine on Mac is I can't seem to point it to the USB. The Zero 88 windoze app runs on my MacBook but then says no drives detected. This has been happening on two Macs, with 4 different USB drives (using all different formats) but I can't get it to find the USBs. I know this is most likely a Wine question but as experienced Wine users yourselves and because of my 100% lack of PCs, do you have any tips for me? 

Thanks

No just trying to update the desk software using Wine which is mentioned above so thought I'd add it to this thread however I now see that you only need to move the EXE file to the USB and no longer need a PC!!! :))))))))))))

I am however having trouble installing Phantom ZerOS on Wine but I'll add that to the correct thread.