Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

FLX "presets"

Lufferov

Does the FLX have what I would call a "preset" or equivalent? I know that you can use palettes to store colour, beam, intensity etc... But if I wanted to store a complete look into a pallet to recall as and when I need it, what would be the method to achieve this? Say I want my movers focussed on certain position, colour, size and gobo... how can I store all those attributes for recall and referencing? On other desks I'd make a "preset" that would store a certain look. Do I have no choice other than to reference all the individual attribute pallets each time?

Hello Lufferov,

Once you have set up the look you want, and pressed "Record", before you chose the location you want to record to if you look on the "Record Window" you will see an option to record just Tagged parameters (which separates out the parameters to only record the one relevant to that attribute) or you can select "All Parameters".

By selecting "All Parameters" you will see once the pallet is recorded that you have "ICBPE" in the pallet. This means that "Intensity", "Color", "Beamshape", "Position", and "Effect" have all been recorded in the same pallet.

Hope this answers your questions,

Thanks,

• 2 months later...

Thanks, it's good to know it's possible but a separate "looks" function would seem more logical. Presumably doing it using the current method would use up a Colour pallet (or whatever you choose) but also store beam / intensity or whatever else you selected. Could get messy and confusing if you have lots of pallets and you use recall a "colour" pallet and suddenly find out it's moved the position too...

Thanks, it's good to know it's possible but a separate "looks" function would seem more logical. Presumably doing it using the current method would use up a Colour pallet (or whatever you choose) but also store beam / intensity or whatever else you selected. Could get messy and confusing if you have lots of pallets and you use recall a "colour" pallet and suddenly find out it's moved the position too...

Exactly correct. There are a few situations it *can* be useful (for example, maybe you want colour to go to white when you click your glass gobo beamshape palette), but for most people, in most situations, a new looks palette would be a lot better

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control