Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

using the touch screen instead of the command line

zombo21

Hello Jon,

i have a question about using the touchscreen instead of the command line.

for example when i want to move or copy a group i select the group with the touchscreen and then i push copy to and that wil not work but if i type "group 1 move to 2" that wil work fine.

Also when i chance my positon and then push update and then touch the possition on my touchscreen it wiil not work but if i type "pos 1 update" it will work fine.

Why does it not working when i use the touchescreen to give the command??

i use versie 7.8.2.4 but i see that the beta of 7.9 already is online hidden somewere but i cant see it?

can you give me access to 7.9 i really want to try it.

best regards

Youri

Hello Youri,

Thanks for your post.

I will log your "move" request with Jon when he returns to the office and ask for his comments to be added to this thread.

The "Update" and then pressing the touch screen is a valid command in our latest version of software 7.9. for ORB XF.

7.9 is available on our website and applies to FLX, ORB XF and SCD Server Pro. We are continuing to point uses of ORB XF & SCD Server Pro towards 7.8.2.36 currently with a note that they can choose to use 7.9 if they wish.

If you want to give this software a try please go to - http://zero88.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/587/

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Many thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

when i want to move or copy a group i select the group with the touchscreen and then i push copy to and that wil not work but if i type "group 1 move to 2" that wil work fine.

The technical reason is that pressing a colour palette ends the command (signified by the comma at the end). Therefor, the copy syntax typed afterwards is invalid. There's a plan to allow you to move palettes with drag-and-drop, which will make that even easier.

when i chance my positon and then push update and then touch the possition on my touchscreen it wiil not work but if i type "pos 1 update" it will work fine.

Why does it not working when i use the touchescreen to give the command??

This is working in ZerOS 7.9

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control