Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

sub > memory - edit sub, automatically update memory?

ee61re

Fat Frog - I record a state on a sub, then use that sub in various memories.

I then edit the sub - is it possible to have the updated sub state updated in the memories?

(e.g. I want to pre-program all the memory cues using subs ahead of time, then just edit the subs, and the memories would then follow / match the subs?

Possible?

Unfortunately memories can't reference subs as you wish (unlike palettes which can be referenced and subs that can reference memories, but not the other way round which is what you require).

You can of course re-program a memory with a new look made up of your revised subs, but it's exactly that, a reprogram of a memory rather than a reference.

Regards,

Kevin

ps What you want would actually be very complex to implement because you could record a memory from an arbitrary set of subs (possibly containing fixtures), plus faders plus additional fixtures and all that implies the possibility of a very complex tag state particularly if you were in tracking mode, tracking intensity channels as well as colour/beamshape/position parameters. Sorry it's beyond what the console is capable of!

Manual (covers software to 9.0): http://zero88.com/support/index.php?/de/Knowledgebase/Article/View/51/58/frog-range-operating-manual-issue-6-en

Release Notes (to software 10.12, for many extra features beyond what's in the above manual): http://zero88.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/56/554