Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fat Frog Training Software

sam.henderson

Guys,

To aid me in the training of peeps on the Fat Frog I have made a 'interactive' powerpoint training program!

I have spent quite a while making it and at present only instructs on Generic Lighting however I will be adding the intellegent lighting part very soon.

It in total comprises of 26 interactive slides which allow you to navigate around the easy to understand slide show.

For those of you who do not have Power Point you can have the slides as a word document but obviously you wouldn't be able to navigate around.

If you spot any mistakes (formatting, hyperlinks or just mistakes in instructions) please contact me so I can rectify them.

Any feedback please do not hesitate to contact me

Thanks

Sam Henderson

PS

Z88, I have worked very hard on this and would love a flease!!! :wink: :wink: :D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

The rest of the Fat Frog Training Program is complete!

It now has extensive instruction on how to control moving lights using Zero 88™s Fat Frog board and some amendments to the Generics part.

The Site that links to it is here (or copy and paste this address into your browsers address; http://www.saodesign.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk )

There will be some glitches to start off with however if you notify me I will endeavour to correct them as soon as possible. Please mail any feedback to; frogtraining {at} blueyonder{dot}co{dot} uk or sam.orme {at} blueyonder{dot}co{dot}uk

At the moment you can only view it on the web (or you could make the page available offline using standard I.E. tools) so if you would like it on disk contact me and I will send it to you subject to a small charge to cover my expenses. Can I also advise you that when you do view it on the web you choose the view as slide show option (bottom left of the browser) as it enhances viewing quality greatly.

I hope you enjoy the Program and it prevails to be a helpful resource to you.

Regards,

Sam Henderson

Training Program Creator

Edit: link updated

• 4 weeks later...

The program can´t be viewed by using the "Mozilla" Browser I installed Microsoft Internet Explorer then it works fine!

Very good work Sam !

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

• 1 month later...

Just thought Sam :idea: , just about all of your excellent work could be applied to both the Leapfrog and Bullfrog desks also, so perhaps you could allow your program to help demonstrate all of these desks, whilst just using the Fatfrog as the example...

sp

p.s if you were to describe and explain the mambo's sx buttons then that desk would be fully covered also??

• 2 months later...

I just got as far as the moving lights section when you talk of LTP as meaning lowest takes precedence. That's not my understanding of it at all - Doesn't it mean "latest takes precedence" so the last action is maintained? Using the lowest value for any attribute would be pointless...

Sheriton

On the Frog series of desks - all fixture colour, beamshape and position parameters are processed using LTP (Latest Takes Precedence).

The fixture parameter outputs will snap or fade to their programmed values when told to as a result of outputting a memory (playback X), raising a submaster, pressing an SX button (mambo frog), outputting a palette or selecting a fixture and moving a control wheel.

They will remain at that value until told to do something else by any of the methods mentioned above.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have not been posting & that the Training Programmes down!!

I'm currently experiancing some problems with my webspace but I'm trying my hardest to sort them all out and I hope to have (a slightly improved version) of the Training Program back up by Saturday.

All the best,

Sam

PS- I promise to make more of an effort with posting from now on java script:emoticon(':D')

Hi Guys,

Update: After work last night, the program is back up!

To find it please go to http://www.samorme.co.uk and then to the Frog Training Program Pages or judt go directly to http://www.saodesign.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/frog.htm

Thanks!

Sam

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

The program can´t be viewed by using the "Mozilla" Browser I installed Microsoft Internet Explorer then it works fine!

Very good work Sam !

Excellent, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that.

Come visit the author latest websites on cheap jerseys and cheap nfl jerseys .you can get what you want.