Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Zero remote app iPhone iPad

gmanno

Hello we have trouble using the new version of the remote.

Since updating to the recent new version we are not able to control parameters on any fixtures, basically after selecting fixture the wheels doesn't pop on the window therefore removing any parameter is impossible.

We have same issue on iPad iPhone or iPod touch.

Do let us know

Thanks

hello, just updated to latest 7.8.2.36, saved all my work, performed the update then reboot...everything worked well all configuration and file are in place, but now remote the desk is even more problematic, the console doesn't show on the app at all when I try to connect..... can't figure out what is going on..

many thanks

the console doesn't show on the app at all when I try to connect

When you install new software, the settings will be sent back to default - so you'll need to enable the remote again (SETUP > Network > Remote). Ensure the IP addresses etc are correct too.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 3 weeks later...

Jon, I'm having a similar problem. I haven't been able to get the latest version of the (Android) Remote or Monitor apps to connect with our Solution XL (7.8.2.36) at all. Time to fiddle on site is always limited, so I try it every now and then with slightly different approaches, but it's always the same. The desk is connected directly to the router; my android phone is linked to the same router, I enter the IP address that I have given the desk (have tried numerous different ones) manually and the app just sits there looking with no result. I have enabled and disabled the remote feature on the desk numerous times and the desk has been rebooted many times in between attempts. Last night I attached a different router and that made no difference. It's a real pain because often I could really do with a remote tool when focussing.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been able to get the latest version of the (Android) Remote or Monitor apps to connect with our Solution XL (7.8.2.36) at all.

What Android device are you using?

The desk is connected directly to the router

Are you connecting using a Straight or Crossover cable? Which Router are you using? Are you plugging into the LAN ports, or the WAN port?

I enter the IP address that I have given the desk (have tried numerous different ones) manually and the app just sits there looking with no result.

What IP address are you giving to the console? And what IP address are you giving to your Android device?

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...