Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

DMX and Percentage Readout

PV

Hello,

I would suggest that you can chose in Super User between a DMX and Percental readout. Some Operators like to work with percental Information on movement and Shutter. One reason for this is the Lamp on and reset for most Lamps. I try to remember the different values for different fictures in percent, but to remeber both values....

Greetings

Patrick

An interesting point. As you are probably aware brightness levels (generic channels and fixture brightness parameers) are displayed as percentages and fixture LTP parameters (colour, gobo, shutter, pan, tilt etc.) are displayed in DMX values (0-255).

Should there be an option to display LTP values in percentage as well?

What about displaying brightness levels in DMX values, or do users always expect percentages ?

Displaying percentage values is better for the monitor screens as you only require 2 characters per channel (with FF representing Full or 100%) :P

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Hi,

I know a lot of operators, me included, who are used to worked with percentage also on the LTP values. If you are once used to it, its hard to change to DMX values. On other desks you can switch the readout, so everybody can do it like he is used to. I would like to be able to do it.

Greetings

Patrick

• 3 years later...

Greetings to all,

I was wondering if it is possible to change the scale for intensity from % to DMX values for the fixtures on a Fat Frog using version 10.9. I am aware that one could hit the +/- to show all dmx values. However, my question/request is how to change the default scale from 0-100% to DMX values 0-255. I have checked through the manual & reviewed the fixture editing programs--but this does not appear to be an option.

Anyone from Zero 88 have info on this?

Thanks

-John A

John Adamson

HTP (Brightness or Dimmer) channels of generics & fixtures are always indicated in %, only LTP Channels (like Gobo, Pan/Tilt, Color, Shutter etc.) are shown as DMX Values. AFAIK there is no option to change that.

So, if you don't start drinking...I'm gonna leave!!!