Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Assign cue stack to playback faders?

Sven76

Hi everybody,

I'd like to ask you some questions about how to work with playback- faders on an ORB XF:

How can I assign a specific cue stack to a playback fader of my choice (of course only on of the button 20)

For example if I want to have cue stack 201 on fader 1 and cue stack 43 on fader 2 (and so on).

Or is it only possible to have cue stacks 1-20 on those faders?

2nd question: How can I delete/ unassign a stack from a fader again

3rd Question: How can I "Stop" a cue stack of a specific fader (I mean really "stop" and not just pause. BTW: how do I pause a stack on a fader 😀)

4th Question: Can those faders have different functions (like cross fade between cues) or is it only possible to have them as master fader for the stack?

I guess so far that's it for the start 😉

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Best regards

Sven

Hi Sven,

Hopefully this will help!

How can I assign a specific cue stack to a playback fader of my choice (of course only on of the button 20)
For example if I want to have cue stack 201 on fader 1 and cue stack 43 on fader 2 (and so on).
Or is it only possible to have cue stacks 1-20 on those faders?

The bottom 20 faders ("playbacks") can be Cue Stacks 1 - 20, 21 - 40, 41 - 60 etc, using the syntax STACK PAGE x ENTER, where x is the page number. (On ORB XF, the "stack" button actually says "select stack"). You can also use syntax like STACK x MOVE TO STACK y ENTER to move stacks around.

2nd question: How can I delete/ unassign a stack from a fader again

Hopefully the above tells you this - you could change to a different page, or move the stack somewhere else. To delete a stack, use the syntax "STACK x DELETE" or "DELETE STACK x ENTER", but this will permanently delete all the cues within that stack.

3rd Question: How can I "Stop" a cue stack of a specific fader (I mean really "stop" and not just pause.

We call this "releasing". Hold down the RELEASE button, and press the flash button of the playback.

BTW: how do I pause a stack on a fader

Currently, you can only pause on the Master Cue Stack on ORB XF

4th Question: Can those faders have different functions (like cross fade between cues) or is it only possible to have them as master fader for the stack?

Yes, hold SETUP and press the flash button, and then change the "Intensity Mixing" option in the window that opens. I'd advice releasing the stack (as above) after you change these settings.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control