Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

ZerOS Software 7.8.5 Released

Jon Hole

Zero 88 are pleased to announce the launch of ZerOS version 7.8.5 software - a new software release for FLX.

This update is recommended for all users.

More information can be found at http://zero88.com/software/zeros

A full list of changes are available in the Release notes.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at the office. Our contact details are:

email: support@zero88.com
phone: +44 (0)1633 838088

Best Regards,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi Jon,

I have just updated to the new software and I'm having a few issues, I have a qtx smart par patch in, firstly the grand master and blackout button has no effect, if I go over to the channels I slide up and down channel 1 the fader has no effect, I've set the intensity to be on the first wheel in the window but it won't appear, and the normal 1 @@ does not work, only way off get led lit is pressing home

Hi Jon,

Please see attached showfile as ask for, I have been through all the settings and cant seem to sort them, i have changed the default values on the edit fixture which either makes the led stay on once cleared or removes it from the channel faders

Please may you call me and talk through this. 07874001732

Thanks

Luke

new update showfile.isf

Hi Luke,

The problem here is that the fixture doesn't have a dimmer channel, so there is no true "intensity" - hence the blackout, grandmaster, channel fader and 1@@ syntax doesn't do anything.

I've created a fixture which has a "virtual dimmer" that scales whatever the shutter channel is doing from 0 - 100%. I've then defaulted the shutter to 190 (which is dimmer at full). That means if you don't change the shutter parameter, this should work ok, but if you change shutter to strobe etc, the intensity is going to do something a little strange (so you won't be able to have strobe at half intensity for example). Unfortunately this is the problem with these fixture manufactures who decide to omit fundamental parameters such as intensity from their fixtures!

QTX Light.ift

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control