Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

USB Memory Sticks compatible with FLX

kgallen

There's no reason a USB stick shouldn't work on FLX - we've not had any problems so far.

We normally use quite small USB sticks (1GB - 8GB) rather than the larger 16GB / 32GB upwards, as it takes ZerOS slightly longer to index them when you plug them in.

On our other ZerOS consoles, there are some compatibility issues when installing software (For example, the Kingston Traveller range doesn't work). However, on FLX we have the new, simpler and quicker installation method where we don't have that problem.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 7 years later...
2 hours ago, SimonH said:

Hi, This is an old post and I wondered if there was any update on the size of USB? I carry a 192Gb on my keyring for all my handy bits and pieces and it doesn't seem to want to read that? Is it limited to USB 2?

Hi SimonH,  I am pretty sure they will only work in FAT32 format as opposed to NTFS.  Have a go in that format if your stick is currently NTFS.  Unsure on size but as Jon mentions it should read it but just take longer to index the larger sticks.

21 minutes ago, Uriahdemon said:

Hi SimonH,  I am pretty sure they will only work in FAT32 format as opposed to NTFS.  Have a go in that format if your stick is currently NTFS.  Unsure on size but as Jon mentions it should read it but just take longer to index the larger sticks.

Ok thanks for that, will give it a go

edit: just checked and my stick is already FAT32 but it is a USB 3.0