Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

FLX User Manual

Jon Hole

Hi All,

FLX consoles ship with a "Quick Start Guide" - a 20 page manual that takes you through the major features of FLX.

The more in depth User Manual has been one of those projects that's just attracted delay after delay in every way possible! Whilst we finish it off and proof read it, I'm posting a draft copy of the document to help those customers who have been very patiently waiting for it.

FLX User Manual- 1st Draft.pdf

I'll take this opportunity to again thank our very valued users who are regularly active here on the forum. Not only asking questions and giving us feedback, but also replying to questions and helping each other out. That's exactly what the Zero 88 Community Forum is for, so thank you!

All the best,

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

If I knew how to add a dancing smiley to this post I would, but I don't, so I'll just add a big-grin one instead :D

Thanks for this manual Jon, I realise it's been a lot of work, but it is much appreciated by us users!

I didn't find a reference to the software version this version of the manual relates to - usually in Zero88 manuals this is on the first inner page.

Well that's my bedtime reading sorted for the next week!

Thanks,

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

It's just a draft for now, it needs to be "Eaton-ised", be given a version number and there's a few parts missing. Once that's all done, I'll assign it to a software version.

However, it's been written with the new beta software in mind, so 7.8.5 even though it hasn't been released yet.

All the best

Jon

Jon Hole

One question though - the mobile apps that are mentioned...I can't seem to find them in the app store? Am I being silly?

Hi Rob,

We’re soon to be releasing two new iOS apps, both free, so we’ve taken the old app offline so people don’t purchase it and waste their money.
We’re testing the app through Apple’s “testflight” – I’m more than happy to add you to this if you wish, so you can try the apps before we release them.
If you’d like to, just email me the email address you use on the App store and I’ll add you.

Jon Hole

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In the Effect section it would be nice to name the units of the effect attributes like speed, size and offset.

Nice and much more intuitive than would be seconds or BPM as unit for speed, a size in percent and the offset as phase shift in degree - even this needs modifications in zerOS and not only in the manual.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The User Manual is published here:

http://www.zero88.com/manuals/flx-user-manual-version-1.pdf

Jon - would be good if you could note this in the Forum - I rarely look on the product pages, it's always the forum, so I'm still using the draft versions. I only know about the release from your follow up post on Blueroom after I'd pointed the user at the version 1 draft. The same happened the other month with 7.9 software release.

Thanks,

Kevin

Jon - would be good if you could note this in the Forum - I rarely look on the product pages, it's always the forum, so I'm still using the draft versions. I only know about the release from your follow up post on Blueroom after I'd pointed the user at the version 1 draft. The same happened the other month with 7.9 software release.

We released ZerOS 7.9.1 on the website on Friday, along with the manual. However, we're trying to stagger the downloads - so we'll do some posts about it this week :)

Jon Hole

Sure, makes sense.... but it does mean the folks who are actually helping you out with this stuff don't know the new releases exist...

That's true, sorry. I've added a link to the manual in the software release post I made on Friday: zero88.com/forum/topic/7781-zeros-791-flx-released/

Jon Hole

• 2 months later...

We don't generally update manuals every software release, only when there are significant changes. Release Notes are used to document the smaller changes.

The latest FLX manual is ZerOS 7.9.1, and there aren't any major new features for FLX in ZerOS 7.9.2.

Jon Hole