Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Frog screen; what is it!?

ice

Ok, there are some topics covering the Frog screen, and the Frog box. I understand the idea of the box, but what about the screen? I couldn't find it at the website, so that's why I opened this topic. Please explain what the screen is used for exactly. Can it be attached to our leapfrog (we do not have a frogbox, and don't intend to buy one), and what functionality would it give me??

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

See the announcement at the top of this forum, and download the user manual for a full description of it's functionality.

If you buy the SMPTE/MIDI/CAN upgrade kit for your Leap Frog desk, the Frog Screen can be connected to your desk.

One of the main functions of the Frog Screen is the 130 frog screen buttons which can be assigned to be Go buttons, or to go to a particular memory, (ie a bit like having 130 remote switches).

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

This is very interesting as it may be an answer to one of my dilemas.

First of all can I fit this SMPTE/MIDI/CAN kit myself or will I have to return my desks to you to have it fitted and how much (for either option).

Secondly if I can connect a Frog Screen to a Leap Frog say, does that mean I could use the submasters for stage lighting (the band) and the Frog Screen to run dance floor lighting (the punters) at the same time?

This would be great as alot of the corporate functions we do follow this format and that usually means I have to use the first 4 subs for generics, the second 4 for stage movers and the last 4 for dance floor/Disco programs. This can be a bit limiting at times. To be able to access the dance floor lighting separately and leave all the subs for stage use, ah heaven. Ok I could run the Disco stuff off the cue stack with the Go button but sometimes by the time you find the cue your looking for the moment is gone. The other thing is I could give the Frog Screen to another crew member and let them run the dance floor lighting leaving me to do the band (much more interesting,sometimes).

I suppose I could always buy a Mambo Frog but that I think may be a tad more expensive.

• 1 month later...

Looking at what you say the frog screen can do, i don't understand how useful it can be. I am under the impression that it cues memories. Correct? So for a club/disco for example, would that not mean that you could have one memory running at a time? Thus meaning only a single chase/effect etc. at once?

sp