Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Error 038

Sir B.

We are using a Jester TLXtra. Since upgrading the desk to OS 4.1, I frequently run across what might be a software problem. In Run Mode, manually setting a channel to the desired percentage, immediately following typing a dot (.) produces "Error 038. Bad Numeric Mode Set. Data 32 Count 001". After acknowledging with OK, the screen produces messy output, i.e. is not properly redrawn until switching into Program-Mode and back.

I can reliably reproduce the error on the desk and in Phantom Jester by entering (e.g.) "20@@." in Run Mode.

Is there anything we can do on our end?

Best regards,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I've added this issue with reference ZJE-6649

Is this stopping you do anything? I can't think of a situation where you'd need this syntax?

All the best

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Thank you, Jon.

No, it's not stopping us in doing anything. As I said, switching to Program Mode and back usually solves the problem. But it happes quite a lot in mistyping, which happens usually when typing fast while not looking at the keyboard. So no, we don't need that particular syntax, but we still encounter the error quite often. And if I recall correctly, this wasn't an issue with previous OS versions. At least we've seen it only after upgrading.

Sebastian