Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Lock console not locking everything

keredyelesob

Hi I see what your saying but not convinced, things like UDKs get locked when these can be used to run a show, also command promp used for changing lamps don't work, it seems like its just the faders, flash buttons and page buttons that don't get locked. You can still change the intensity of lamps but you cant change the other parameters, also the screens are blanked out so you cant see the cue lists ect. its a bit hit and miss.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Just getting to know FLX after several years with Jester TLextra. I find the console lock function confusing.

The monitor is dead - the Grand Master doesn't work - the outputs are still outputting but will not change with the GO button and the

individual faders have no effect. Fading the playback fader resets the cue to number 1.

I much preferred the Jester locking which is as Central Theatre described. Is there any hope of adding this method later?

I think I like the idea of locking the console from recording functions as described by Central Theatre

but I also like the lock method that the solution and orb adopt, where the whole console is locked down stopping all controls and screens from working whilst still outputting the current state, My reason for this is because when running shows is venues where the desk can be accessed by public (small community halls for instance) i feel better being able to lock the console during the interval (or any time i leave it unattended) safe in the knowledge no one is messing and when i come back to the desk, nothing will have changed or progressed on stage.

Maybe we could have to levels of 'lock' where by:

disable recording - 'show mode',

disable all input - 'lock'

Maybe we could have to levels of 'lock' where by:

disable recording - 'show mode',

disable all input - 'lock'

Yes, Jon can this be logged as a request, as I can agree with the want to be able to lock the console fully down, possibly to "freeze" the DMX outputs, so you can do your walk-in lighting but have the desk not respond to controls.

An issue I can see is the operator forgetting the unlock code and panicking...

James