Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Sluggish behaviour when selecting fixtures

jw-lighting

Hi everyone,

we have problems when selecting fixtures using the buttons under the faders.

We havn't had the problems with small showfiles before.

When we press multiple buttons to select/unselect multiple fixtures, the button presses are recognized seconds after or ignored.

Selecting a group of fixtures by pressing and holding the button of the first fixture and then pressing the button of the last fixture doesn't work reliable, too.

We've restarted the desk several times and tried with running playbacks/effects and without - the problem remains.

Firmware: 7.8.3 - i'll try the latest firmware as soon as possible

FLX with Wing (problem with and without Wing, on FLX and Wing)

Showfile with 24 Dimmers (not patched 1:1), ~15RGB(W) lights and 4 moving heads

Touchscreen (not working...) connected: iiyama ProLite T2236MSC

How can i help you to fix it?

Regards, Jan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jan,

Sorry for my delay in replying, I've been away for a few weeks.

I think you'll find this is solved in the latest software, so first of all please give that a try.

If this doesn't solve the problem, please email me your showfile so we can investigate.

Many thanks

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jon,

thanks for your reply, i didn't notice it yet.

I've tried around with the touchscreen mentioned above in both software versions. It seems that connecting the touchscreen causes the sluggish behaviour! We've now sent the screen back to the dealer because it's not compatible.

General question: does the FLX support an external multitouch-screen? When it does, do you have a hint which one we should buy?

Franck suggested the T1731-SR, but we get used to higher resolution screens (without touch) and won't miss that ;)

Thanks

Jan

Hi Jan,

Currently FLX supports external single touch screens, and in a future software update it will support external multi-touch screens. I imagine this will be towards the end of the year.

There are larger resolutions in the same range that Franck has suggested, so I would go for one of those :-)

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control