Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Encoder Wheel Request

sabah69

Hi Sandy,

We're currently testing software that allows you to scroll through lists by dragging your finger across the window (just like touch screen phones). This means the scroll bars aren't so important, so we've made them smaller and darker so they are less prominent.

You can try it out here if you want, but please be aware that it's Beta Test software, which means you shouldn't use it in show-critical situations:

http://zero88.com/forum/topic/7218-flx-software-open-beta/

Let me know if you think this removes the need for your request? If not, no problems - I'll add the request to our database!

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi Jon

Thanks for this info, I'll give it a shot. However I know from using other touch screen devices that I prefer to use touch screen for selection and a real wheel or rotary knob for scrolling or adjustment.

Probably a legacy from an analogue upbringing!

Keep you posted.

Cheers

Sandy

• 3 months later...

I'm finding some slight downsides of the dragging-finger-to-scroll method. It's nice to do this (the scroll bars are unusable with my fingers on internal and external screens), but I often find I inadvertently select something whilst dragging - like some unintended palette.

I'm not sure what the answer to this is, but I thought I'd note it here!

Yes, I've now added a mouse, but I'm running into USB port issues...