Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Slight niggle editing times etc..

Lufferov

Hi Jon,

Created a few separate threads with these questions, figured it would make them easier to find for other people. It was good to catch up with you at ABTT on Wednesday by the way!

I've found something that has started to annoy me, not in a big way, just in "why does it do that" kind of way. When I move the cursor over a fade time or other cue attribute, why do I have to hit "Enter" before I can edit that field? It feels natural to highlight it, and the act of starting to type should automatically start editing that field. At the moment the work flow is:

1 - Move cursor

2 - Highlight field

3 - Hit Enter

4 - Type time

5 - Hit Enter

I'd love to be able to remove step 3, it seems unnecessary and I forget to do it all the time which makes me frustrated after the 10th or 11th time! :)

Oh... and don't forget what we discussed about finding some way to highlight that a cue is a snapshot! It's really important when using track forward/back to know exactly how far your changes will track. At the moment, you have to just remember which cues are blocks.

Regards.

Hi Lufferov,

The problem here is that it becomes VERY easy to update a fade time when you're actually trying to select fixtures.

So for example, you'd select a cell, type a fade time and press enter. Now, you want to turn some channels on, so you type 1 thru 6 @@.

What would actually happen here, if we implemented the suggestion, is the cue you selected earlier would now have a fade time of 1 second (or possibly 16 seconds), and the channels you wanted to come on wouldn't have.

Currently, users often use the touch screen to select their "next" cue, and you can do by touching anywhere on that cues row, without worrying which cell you've selected.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 4 months later...

Oh... and don't forget what we discussed about finding some way to highlight that a cue is a snapshot! It's really important when using track forward/back to know exactly how far your changes will track. At the moment, you have to just remember which cues are blocks.

+1 from me, I was "worrying" about this earlier, then I found this thread! Any ZOS for this Jon?

Thanks,

Kevin