Zero 88 Community Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NickTaylor

I cant get into setup having updated the operating software

Foolishly I updated the software and thought all was fine. Today I have gone to setup some fixtures and pressing the setup button fails to bring up the setup window. I have tried a double tap as well. Pressing it brings up desk light brightness momentarilly

Hi Nick,

Is it 7.8.2.4 that you've updated to?

Can you go into the Event Monitor and see if there's anything strange going on in there?

Output Window > Other Windows > System Information > Event Monitor

Thanks

Jon

Day job in the way so I will have look later.It didnt cross my mind there might be an issue. The desk has been sitting in my living room since April. Looks like I will have to fire up the Leapfrog for a one night show on Friday.I did up date to the latest software to try and get rid of some bugs we talked about then. I assumed it did install right

Cheers

Nick

I think my update disk has not installed right. Its a pity there is not an iso file somewhere that can be downloaded as trying to create a disk that works is a bit of a black art as where do you confirm it is correct?

I have now made a disk and tried using that to install update. It suggests the correct OS is installed however if I press the Setup button on the upper keypad it actually inserts @ in the box which of course is the symbol on the lower keypad. I think I am going to have to get the desk serviced as it is useless at the moment!

pm me on the address below.

that sounds like a switch setting on the back of the PCB has moved which is pretty easy to fix.