Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

what is that feature for...?

ziglight

hello

in the fixture editor tool we get this option called "FIXED" (on the details-page in the parameter-window)
what does this do exactly ?? couldn't find any explication in the manual.... in a first time I thought it fixes (glues) the DMX-Value on the Midpoint-value (for the wheel).... but that seems not to be the thing...

thanks for any help

post-10105-0-28288800-1427868850_thumb.jpg

Hi Ziglight,

There's a lot of options that we don't currently use, but are there so we can include the information within the personalities if we ever decide to make use of it in the future.

I believe this was included to specify if the "detail" is something like a fixed gobo (rather than rotating), but to be honest we don't include this information within any fixtures we make.

I have dropped our lead Software Engineer a message to get some more clarification, as this was added before I joined Zero 88!

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi Ziglight,

Just to confirm, this hasn't been implemented in ZerOS but the data is there so we can fix the wheel edit to the midpoint of the detail range, rather than scrolling through it.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control