Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Phantom Jester 4.1 Saved shows

Jimlad

Since updating to Phantom Jester 4.1, I find that even though the USB drive contains numerous shows, I can only detect one in Load Show mode. In Save Show mode, it again only gives me one option automatically and I have to Create New, put in the existing name, and then it tells me It Exists. I'm sure this did not occur with earlier versions. The real Jester works fine!

Hi Jimlad,

I can't recreate this. What Operating System are you running?

Please could you try changing the "local drive" path in "settings" to your desktop, save multiple files onto the desktop, and then see if you can load them back into Phantom.

Let me know how you get on

Best regards

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Thanks for reply Jon.

Have been running Windows 7 for years and no problem till I suddenly jumped from Phantom Jester 3.1 to 4.1, when I updated desk.

Have tried your suggestion of changing "drive path" to desktop. Put 3 differently named .JSF files there, but it would still only find one of them., as with USB drive.

I have now reverted to Phantom Jester 3.1 and everything works fine again. I hope that it will be compatible with desk Jester 4.1, as far as I require it.

• 1 year later...

I can concur.

I have the exact same problem.

But only 'sometimes'.

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.

When I put several show files in the map where they are stored for Phantom Jester, Only one is found by Phantom Jester.

However, when I fiddle around with the file names (renaming them, changing extension, etc, and then changing/renaming everything back to what it was), very very sometimes it does see more than one show file, but certainly not all show files and certainly not all the time.

As a side note: update 4.1 for the Jester really screwed up my Jester 12/24 !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback, we'll take a look into the showfile issue. Recorded as issue ZJE-7130

As a side note: update 4.1 for the Jester really screwed up my Jester 12/24 !!!

We've dealt with this over email and sorted it.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control