Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Replacing a battery in the Frog 2

NickTaylor

By coincidence I had to replace batteries in leapfrogs twice in the last year and that was fine. On power up today of my Frog 2 it had a warning message about the battery. To save time can someone say which part of the desk has the battery so I don't waste time undoing screws that don't need to come out, and what type would it be?

Thanks

NIck

Update, I worked out how to get the right part of the cover off. When I looked inside there were two battery positions. The one on the base plate was there but there was not one in the holder under the top panel! I replaced the one on the bottom. On putting back together it still says non volatile battery not there. There is no sign of a battery anywhere else I can see.

Any ideas please

Hi Nick,

If this is the old hardware (2 USB ports on the front) there should be three battery holders - one behind the touch screen on the front panel, and two on the various PCs on the base plate.

If this is the new hardware (1 USB port on the front) there should be two battery holders - one behind the touch screen on the front panel, and one on the PCB on the base plate.

The holders on the base plate SHOULD have a battery. The holder behind the touch screen on the front panel DOESN'T need a battery.

When you replace a battery, you will probably still get a warning - you need to reset the console within the software (save your show first!).

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control