Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

sirius 24 dmx output

hi together,- i use a sirius 24 in a small theater for about 20 years or so... some days ago when i switched on the desk the lights seemed to be darker then before and i found out that the maximum dmx output of the desk is 70%... all other things work fine. any idea? thank you...

I would use a multimeter to check the analogue outputs to see if they're doing the same i.e. only giving 70% at maximum (or use an analogue dimmer) which might then suggest it's an issue with one of the preset masters or the Grand Master.

You need to isolate the DMX output as the source of the problem and there's nothing on that circuit that could act as a level limit - it only reads the internal data bus of the desk and translates it to a digital format. Faults on the Sirius DMX cards usually mean lots of flickering or no output at all...

If there's a consistent low level then it's elsewhere on the desk - my first guess would be master faders failing or an issue with the A2D converters on the processor.

Ian Knight aka The Service Guy - www.serviceguy.co.uk

hi iank99,-

thank you for answer... at the moment i have not so much time,- i will check out more next week but the first short check of the analog output shows me something around 7V. For me a good result to check for more...

Do you (or anybody else) know if there´s service manual or schematic available? maybe online?

thank you - komo

If the analog output is only showing 7v then that would suggest the problem isn't the DMX card but either the faders or the output stage on the processor.

There are circuit diagrams available but I'm not sure what Zero88 policy is about releasing them - Keith or Jon will probably answer that one for you.

Ian Knight aka The Service Guy - www.serviceguy.co.uk