Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

delay time

lentille

Is it possible to add to 'time of fade in' or' time of fade out' a 'delay time' tu run a crossfading of 2 memories?

(In theater, this time fonction is very necessary to late time out / time in, to have a soft crossfading).

If a Channel remain @ the same % between 2 sequentials memories, does the % of channel don't change on stage during the crossfading?

Is there any way to make a hand cross fading, separate up and down in RUN mode(except using SubMasters Faders)

Already i use Software PC for main light board with a merging JESTER 24/48 HTP and I hesite to buy a JESTER TL in main LightBoard with the 24/48 in DMX in, as a control fading of Sub masters;

I would appreciate the EDIT fonction, which allow, in RUN mode(during Reheasal or show) to modify some % of a Scene without disturbing the artists.

I Use Zero 88 consoles since nos more than 20 Years and i appreciate the simplicity and thesolidity

Is it possible to add to 'time of fade in' or' time of fade out' a 'delay time' tu run a crossfading of 2 memories?

You can set separate fade up and down times, and a "dwell" time (wait time) for auto followons, but you can't set delay time specifically for just the up or just the down time on the Jester range, no.

If a Channel remain @ the same % between 2 sequentials memories, does the % of channel don't change on stage during the crossfading?

The console will do dipless crossfades, so if the channel is at the same intensity in two memories, it won't change during the fade.

Is there any way to make a hand cross fading, separate up and down in RUN mode(except using SubMasters Faders)

You could use "Preset" Mode which lets you manually cross fade between A preset and B preset, but you can't manually crossfade between pre-recorded memories.

Already i use Software PC for main light board with a merging JESTER 24/48 HTP and I hesite to buy a JESTER TL in main LightBoard with the 24/48 in DMX in, as a control fading of Sub masters;

I would appreciate the EDIT fonction, which allow, in RUN mode(during Reheasal or show) to modify some % of a Scene without disturbing the artists.

When in "run" mode, the Jester TL allows you to select a memory, press "edit" (which automatically takes you into "program" mode), make the change, and then press "edit" again to take you back into "run" mode. This means the artist won't see any changes apart from the ones you make.

I Use Zero 88 consoles since nos more than 20 Years and i appreciate the simplicity and thesolidity

We're glad you like them - if there's anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to ask more questions!

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

(In theater, this time fonction is very necessary to late time out / time in, to have a soft crossfading).

You can set separate fade up and down times, and a "dwell" time (wait time) for auto followons, but you can't set delay time specifically for just the up or just the down time on the Jester range, no.

The console will do dipless crossfades, so if the channel is at the same intensity in two memories, it won't change during the fade.
You could use "Preset" Mode which lets you manually cross fade between A preset and B preset, but you can't manually crossfade between pre-recorded memories.
When in "run" mode, the Jester TL allows you to select a memory, press "edit" (which automatically takes you into "program" mode), make the change, and then press "edit" again to take you back into "run" mode. This means the artist won't see any changes apart from the ones you make.
We're glad you like them - if there's anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to ask more questions!

You say: "You can set separate fade up and down times, and a "dwell" time (wait time) for auto followons, but you can't set delay time specifically for just the up or just the down time on the Jester range, no."

It's not very useful because dwell time begin at the end of transfer not at begining.