Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Specials under submaster

Steven

LeapFrog 48:

I would like to have some 'specials' under my submasters. Lets say I have some movers, intensity FULL, color RED. Now I want an effect with these movers. When pressing the flasbutton of a submaster I want the movers to STROBE in WHITE. When I release the flasbutton the movers have to go back to intensity FULL and color RED.

How can this be done?

Jon will be along in a moment to give the official answer but I don't believe it can do what you're looking for - you're looking to use the Flash button as a Function key that holds a command string but I think they can only Flash/Solo or Fixture Select.

When you think about it - you're trying to send more commands than just "Flash intensity to full" but really "Change Colour to White & Strobe the shutter channel (or flash the intensity on a clock cycle) and revert when released".

Ian Knight aka The Service Guy - www.serviceguy.co.uk

Hiya,

I was concerned about LTP causing a problem when returning to previous state but have had a go with this and shouldn't be too difficult to achieve as submaster flash buttons don't have to hold brightness information but can also hold just colour, beamshape and position palette information too.

So, create the 'look' you want and program it to a submaster...

Press the clear button a couple of time to ensure nothing extra will be programmed, select the fixtures, change the colour and the beamshape as you want them. Select the 'Submaster' MFK then the flash button of the submaster you want the effect on and press the 'Program' MFK

...as easy as that :)

When the submaster flash button is then pressed, those settings are output and will return to previous state once the button is released. Each submaster button doesn't have to be set to 'flash' - each one could be set to 'flash, 'latch' or 'solo'.

Regards

Mike

Hiya

Have had another go this morning and this worked Ok for colour and beamshape with submasters and with a base memory with submaster flash on the top. I have tried 7.8.0 build and the latest beta with the console in Tracking - Basic mode and also in Tracking - Advanced mode too and both work Ok

Is just the colour the problem - does the beamshape strobe and restore Ok

Can you send a show file and let me know which cue, submaster and mover?

Regards

Mike

That's also what I thought...but...

After releasing the submaster flash, it will not return to the previous colour.

I think this is only a problem of tagging parameters

if all the necessary parameter are tagged right, the behavior is as discribed by bullocmg

some examples : say the basic Sub (with color Red ) is Number 1 and the White strobe one is Number 2

to get it working right ALL Color parameters must be tagged in the both Subs !

if your fixture is RGBW, in number 1 this means 100; 0; 0; 0 for the colors

and in number 2 : 100; 100; 100 ; 100 (and all tagged !) - or maybe 0; 0; 0; 100 (if you prefer this sort of white)

if the White is tagged in number 2 but not in number 1 it will "stay on" when returning from 2 to 1 ..!!! (and not doing red color)

if you do colors wth a colorwheel its the same argument !! (the right colors must be tagged in the two Subs !!)

and for the Strobe; if the strobe (shutter) is tagged at its rignt value in Sub number 2 it has to be tagged at "0" in sub number 1 !! (if not it keeps on going when returning to Sub 1 !!)

and vérifie also that the Sub number 2 is in Release mode

it may help also to switch the behavior for Color to "ON" for Sub2 (but sometimes this makes strange things... so you have to try !!)