Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Save problem

Korghen

Hi,

I'm working on Jester 12/24 R1 for some years, and I noticed my backups are wrong, I can't reload shows.

Files are 127kb (a good file is 128kb) and when I load on the phantom, there is a lot of mistakes inside the show.

When I save, it's success but when I try to load what I saved, it's failed. But I can load from a phantom save file.

I tried to upgrade to 4.0, but still the same problem.

How can I solve this problem please ?

Thanks for your help

Hi

Not something i have seen before with this.

Can you send a copy of the a show file for me to look at to the address below.

If you could also let me have the serial number so I can date the hardware a bit more precisely.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

yes I got your e-mail, and have made a reply to you as well. Will resend but also posted below.

Both the show files you have sent to me look to have been corrupted, I am getting fail to load error on them when i attempt to load them into phantom or a desk.

It does load something in as some of the submasters have names attached to them but there appears to be no content to them.

This may be due to a corrupted internal memory on the desk.

It is worth trying a reset desk from super user, then try programming a show and saving this.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

Ok, I did a reset desk and I tried to take off and put again the battery, but I still have the same problem. Shows I make are corrupted.

Sometimes, recording is failed, and sometimes it is success but file is still 127k. I could notice when recording that there is some rythm on the growing up percent, and all the times, there is a moment who it's going slowly for a short time (for exemple, staying a little bit longer on 39% than other).

Sorry if I'm not clear, it's not easy to explain in english for me.

What can I do more ?

• 1 month later...

I tried to upgrade to 4.0, but still the same problem.

So are you currently using 4.0?

And when you save your show on the console, reset the console, and then load that showfile back onto the console (all under 4.0, and all directly on the console, not via Phantom), this doesn't work?

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jon ! Sorry, I just see your message...

Yes, still on 4.0 and i tried what you say, but I can't load the recorded showfile on the console, it is failed.

I think the desk is too much old, cause now, I have a new problem, when I modify a memory, another memory is modified too. For exemple, I modify the 308 and record it. At the same time the 108 memory is modified like the 308. And when I modify back the 108, the 308 is modified too, like if these two memories are "linked". It not changes fade time, only channels values and not doing that all the time but only on some memories.

So I think I will not use anymore this desk, repair it will coast too much than change it.

Thanks