Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Updating Submasters Chase

JakeS

Hi

I'm having issues updating chase steps in submasters chase.

I made submasters chase with 10 steps, each should only control intensity, however it seems like I somehow managed to record color pallete within the chase somewhere too.

I followed PDF manuals for Solution, but am unable to make it through.

I ran the following commands:

Cleared the programmer completely;

Load -> selected Submaster and Chase step;

The step was loaded successfully as I see the output of the step as it is recorded;

Fixtures -> I selected fixtures affected;

Palletes -> Colour -> deselected the colors with holding clear button and moving the wheels;

Afterwards I pressed "Update" button, I selected the "Submasters 2/5 Step 1" and pressed OK.

The programmer has cleared afterwards, but the color remained selected within the step. If I try to Load the same (updated) step back into the programmer, the color palletes are selected again.

How do I correctly clear/remove the unintentionally selected parameters from steps in chase?

Where am I missing something?

Thank you!

Best,

Jake

Now I only wonder why there's the update button then...? Is it that it updates the tagged parameters, however does not remove them if they're untaged?

Update will update all values which are tagged. Most of the time, this is all values that you have changed, however it does mean it's unable to "remove" changes, just update them. On ORB Series consoles, there's a "remove" button within the update window, but this is currently not available on Solution.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control