Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Jester Program / Run Modes

craigelectromusic

Hi.

Wondered if you can help. ref Jester Modes.

I reset the desk to use it in a new light setup, managed to program in a chase & a few scenes in program mode (in sub 13 to 18). cannot get to them in run mode thou.

I imagine it wants to be in run mode for normal operation?

Also in some scenes the lights on some of the 24 switches are flashing. Is this because i have not put in a slider value on that DMX channel.

(it is a great quality desk but i had limited time to play with in & set it up)

Cheers

I reset the desk to use it in a new light setup, managed to program in a chase & a few scenes in program mode (in sub 13 to 18). cannot get to them in run mode thou.

I imagine it wants to be in run mode for normal operation?

To get to submasters 13 to 18, you'll need to press 'Page B' so that '13 - 24' is lit up. Does this help? You are correct that submasters will only work in 'run' mode.

Also in some scenes the lights on some of the 24 switches are flashing. Is this because i have not put in a slider value on that DMX channel.

When the channel button flashes, it means that the channel and the channel fader are at two different levels. So, for example, if you play back a memory, and then go into 'Programme Mode', the channel faders will flash to let you know the light is still on even though the fader is at 0%.

Hope this helps.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control