Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Firmware 7.8 Bugs

Vincent

Hello,

After the 7.8 update i hoped a few things where solved from 7.7

I can not change the time in more then one selected cue's

I can not patch more the one dimmer the same time to a channel.

I can not select more than one group at the same time even if the multiple button is selected.

I can not select more than one pallet group, color to move.

There is still something strange in the patch.

If i like to edit a fixture, alignment.

I go to setup, edit fixture, alignment. I scroll down to the fixture i want and press the touch screen at the fixture. Now the screen jumps back to the top and have to scroll down again to get it selected.

Also the arrow up down left and right don't,t work here either.

I find this very annoying to work with

I would like if i play back or if i select a stack that it will be in the view automatic it will save so much time instead to press the syntactic view and to resize.

Look how the WholeHog is doing these things.

Is this possible to program this???

I hope to here some comment on these problems, please.

Regards Vincent

Vincent - this is not really a solution but some re-assurance perhaps.

Multiple Group select does seem to work BUT the onscreen buttons don't latch/stay down as you select the groups - it's only the last pushed/selected group that stays 'down'.

This might be intentional behaviour and if it is then it seems strange as there's no other indication except the selection highlights on the output screen showing - if you don't have the outputs window visible then I guess you would think that the groups aren't being selected.

Jon will be along in a minute with the answer - I'm sure :rolleyes:

Ian Knight aka The Service Guy - www.serviceguy.co.uk

Hi Both,

I delayed my answer because I was hoping to give you references to these issues, but our bug tracking software ('Gemini') ironically isn't working this morning!

Most of the above comments appear to be feature requests rather than bugs, and most of those are already on our to-do list.

Regarding the groups - on ZerOS, a cell is always selected, allowing you to move around that window using the arrow keys, and I expect this is what you are seeing. This is different from groups being selected (which are indicated via the selected channels in the output window).

I'll write a more comprehensive response when Gemini starts working again!

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi Vincent,

As I said above, most of these are feature requests, not bugs.

I've broken down each one here:

I can not change the time in more then one selected cue's

This is already listed as ZOS-2342

I can not patch more the one dimmer the same time to a channel.

I've added this as ZOS-5717

I can not select more than one group at the same time even if the multiple button is selected.

Hopefully this has been answered by Ian above

I can not select more than one pallet group, color to move.

Please could you expand on this a little more? What would you like to do?

There is still something strange in the patch.

If i like to edit a fixture, alignment.

I go to setup, edit fixture, alignment. I scroll down to the fixture i want and press the touch screen at the fixture. Now the screen jumps back to the top and have to scroll down again to get it selected.

Also the arrow up down left and right don't,t work here either.

This only happens if you touch / click in the blank area to the right, rather than touching / clicking on one of the data cells. The arrow keys also appear to be working fine for me. If this is still a problem, maybe you could create a video of this happening?

I would like if i play back or if i select a stack that it will be in the view automatic it will save so much time instead to press the syntactic view and to resize.

There are two cue stack windows available - one that's linked to a specific stack (VIEW STACK 1 ENTER) and one that will show the selected stack (SHIFT+CUE). By default you should see the one that shows the selected stack, but it sounds like you've viewing a specific cue stack. You can either to back to the default view (VIEW 0 ENTER) or you can open the window as described above.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Jon Hole

When do you think these items are solved in the next firmware?
If yes when do you think the update wil be avalible

Not complete because is is not an real solution to me, if the would be visable as selected in the touch screen it would be better

If i would re arance the pallet window for instance. or if i want to incert between the pallets.

Let say i have made effect in 1 true 10 and i want a new created effect on nr 5 (just because it looks more towards nr4.) then i have to move 5 true 10 al sepertley insted move 5 true 10 at 6 and everthing wil move one space.

This only happens if you touch / click in the blank area to the right, rather than touching / clicking on one of the data cells. The arrow keys also appear to be working fine for me. If this is still a problem, maybe you could create a video of this happening?

No it also hapens when i click on the cell

There are two cue stack windows available - one that's linked to a specific stack (VIEW STACK 1 ENTER) and one that will show the selected stack (SHIFT+CUE). By default you should see the one that shows the selected stack, but it sounds like you've viewing a specific cue stack. You can either to back to the default view (VIEW 0 ENTER) or you can open the window as described above.

I have to try this. :)

Hi Vincent,

When do you think these items are solved in the next firmware?
If yes when do you think the update wil be avalible

We are currently planning ZOS-2342 will be included in the next major release of ZerOS, but I don't have a time scale for this at the moment. There is no schedule for ZOS-5717 at the moment.

Not complete because is is not an real solution to me, if the would be visable as selected in the touch screen it would be better

Of course - I totally agree, and we will implement it. However, this is a new 'feature', not a bug.

If i would re arance the pallet window for instance. or if i want to incert between the pallets.

Let say i have made effect in 1 true 10 and i want a new created effect on nr 5 (just because it looks more towards nr4.) then i have to move 5 true 10 al sepertley insted move 5 true 10 at 6 and everthing wil move one space.

Thanks for the explanation - I understand. I've added this to ZOS-5370 (which is linked to ZOS-2342 above)

No it also hapens when i click on the cell

I still can't recreate this - maybe you could take a video and send it to us / upload it to YouTube? (Please set the privacy to 'Unlisted').
Many Thanks,
Jon

Jon Hole

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jon

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding the last topic.

I did make a small video from the jumping screen in de Setup/Edit Fixture/Alignment and then scrolling down.

You can see as soon I want to make adjustment in the pan/tilt that the screen jumps back to the top.

If scroll down the second time I can adjust by first select it by pressing than give enter than go back to push on yes or no

I find this not very logic back and fort with your hand to the screen and back to the desk.

Why not double press the touch screen to make active or make the arrow keys work on this

Regards Vincent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. One more "bug" or maybe more of a question if it's normal:

I've had 7.8 running on Solution, and yesterday updated my just bought Leap Frog 48. On both it seems that 7.8 made LCD screens on MFK and Submasters working rather slow. Very very slow. They refresh only after a second or even two sometimes...

was this behaviour noticed before..?

to me it's strange especially for Solution to have this problem, since it's newer model of LF48.... ?

Regards,

Marko

Hi,

I updated Leap Frog 96 v7.7 to v7.8, but I'm having trouble copying the submaster channel, the console does not detect the destination by pressing flash button. Changed the programming? Please confirm if I'm doing it correctly or is bug. Thanks! Sorry my bad english.

1. Page submaster;

2. Select the source - submaster channel (flash button);

3. 'Copy' button;

4. Select the destination - submaster channel (flash button);

5. 'Enter' button;

Hi there.

Anyone noticed strange keypad behavior when editing fade times on submasters?

Backspace seems to not work, while simply overwriting with numbers acts strange. For example, when selecting fade up time and pressing enter, backspace returns cursor to beginning without deleting the current time. If cursor set at the end, pressing for example "3" changes number from "0.0." to "0.3", while pressing further any other number, for example "2", enters "0.32" which immediately changes to "0.0" afterwards.

Is this behavior as expected or a bug?

Thank you for your reply in advance.

Best,

Jake

Backspace seems to not work, while simply overwriting with numbers acts strange. For example, when selecting fade up time and pressing enter, backspace returns cursor to beginning without deleting the current time.

Are you seeing this on an external monitor, or on the internal LCD display? I can't recreate it, just to check - are you pressing backspace (top corner of the multi-functional keys) or are you just pressing the left arrow key?

If cursor set at the end, pressing for example "3" changes number from "0.0." to "0.3", while pressing further any other number, for example "2", enters "0.32" which immediately changes to "0.0" afterwards.

This is expected - if the cursor is at the end of the text, any numbers you fill in will be added to the end - however we currently only support one decimal place in fade times (a 10th of a second). I've added a customer comment to increase this to 100th of a second.

Jon Hole

Ok. Will know for further notes. Thank you for looking into this. Looking forward to hear what you found out about it.

The rest:

I see this on both, external and main lcd on the board. Try selecting the fade time and pressing the backspace key which is on MFK key 4 - top right MFKs. I'm trying to delete the number, not move the cursor. But instead of deleting it, it actually just moves the cursor to the beginning, just as if I would be pressing the left arrow key.

I can recreate this even in PhantomZeros. Simply recording 2 step chase using intensity, so that the Fade times are active, and trying to change them, backspace doesn't delete the time. So it needs to be selected and overtyped every time.
If you can't recreate this, I can upload the video of it.

The numbers changes:
Yes, I know what you mean. But, is it really expected that way -> that when at the end of the number, pressing any number always replaces the decimal number, while the second number entered then sets it to 0 again..? It just felt a little strange to me. It is not that the numbers are add to the end;

From 0.0, when inserting for ex. 5, it will become 0.5; if inserting 4 then, it wil become 0.54 resulting in 0.0 again. Next number entered will set it back to 0.x, and then 0.xx resulting 0.0 again, etc... -> all of the time these changes happen, I'm simply pressing numbers, no arrows or anything else.
Can you confirm this is really expected?

Thank you!

Best,

Jake

I see this on both, external and main lcd on the board. Try selecting the fade time and pressing the backspace key which is on MFK key 4 - top right MFKs. I'm trying to delete the number, not move the cursor. But instead of deleting it, it actually just moves the cursor to the beginning, just as if I would be pressing the left arrow key.

I can recreate this even in PhantomZeros. Simply recording 2 step chase using intensity, so that the Fade times are active, and trying to change them, backspace doesn't delete the time. So it needs to be selected and overtyped every time.

If you can't recreate this, I can upload the video of it.

Found it - strange that this only affects Submasters and not Memories. Added as ZOS-5779. When you press 'Enter' you don't have to use backspace to delete the contents, you can just start typing straight over the top.

The numbers changes:

Yes, I know what you mean. But, is it really expected that way -> that when at the end of the number, pressing any number always replaces the decimal number, while the second number entered then sets it to 0 again..? It just felt a little strange to me. It is not that the numbers are add to the end;

From 0.0, when inserting for ex. 5, it will become 0.5; if inserting 4 then, it wil become 0.54 resulting in 0.0 again. Next number entered will set it back to 0.x, and then 0.xx resulting 0.0 again, etc... -> all of the time these changes happen, I'm simply pressing numbers, no arrows or anything else.

Can you confirm this is really expected?

I'd expect the numbers not to be taken, as we currently only support one decimal point in fade times, but it is strange that it goes back to '0' if an unsupported value is entered. I'm not going to add this as a separate issue, as it would be better to just support milliseconds in the first place, rather than change that behaviour.

Jon Hole

Ok. Good to know. :)
Yes, that was strange, it seems only submasters are affected. Been looking all around and only here this was happening.

That second part is true, yes. It would be better to handle millis in the first place, but just wanted to point it out anyways. :)
Thanks for clarifying this.

Best,

Jake

Not so sure if it's a bug, and even if it is, it's not any important, but still worth noticing:
Does the NumPad always work the opposite than on PC, so that when the light is lit on keyboard, the numpad actually is turned off on the console, and vice versa?
I found this behaviour using 3 different Logitech USB keyboards and was confused at first for not having numpad only to find out that it needs to be "off" to actually work... ?

Best,

Jake