Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Copy multiple memories

Sag73

I have 36 memories programmed into a Jester 12/24 running the 3.4 software. I now need to program some new scenes at the beginning of the show and some more in the middle somewhere. Is it possible to copy multiple memories to a different slot this or do I have to copy each of the memories individually forward? If this is not possible now, would I be able to request this a future feature in the software?

Thanks for that. That's a nice work-around for now.

I think that it would be a really nice feature to be able to do something like [sHIFT] + [iNSERT] and for the board to move all of the proceeding memories forward one so that there is an available space on the slot where the combo was done. For example: If I did the combo on slot 20, 20 would become 21, 21 would become 22, etc. Then slot 20 would be free for a new scene to be programmed in.

Sounds like a good way to upset the DSM when they have to change every cue point in their book!

Once a memory is recorded, we try never to change the number of that memory, as it's often written in various scripts etc, and from experience when this changes it creates a lot of confusion. A much better way is, as Ian has suggested, to use point cues.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

*nods sagely*

As I was once married to a stage manager - she used to get VERY upset at the slightest suggestion of renumbering cues... I spent a weekend in the dog house when we started using point cues in the prompt copy instead of letter cues e.g. LX10a became LX10.1 ;)

Ian Knight aka The Service Guy - www.serviceguy.co.uk