Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Cue Stacks

Jamest

I use an Orb XF once a year and this year I am using a pair of MAC 600s for the first time. I have the effect I want programmed and working as a cue stack e.g. Cue stack 1. Step by step how do I assign it to Submaster 1 so it will trigger when I raise the submaster 1 fader. Similarly I Then want to put cue stack 2 onto sub master 2 etc. I just can't fathom it out from the manual or a similar earlier post. I know it has something to do with MFFs but that's about it. Thanks James.

Hi James,

"Effects" (which are wave-based) can be put onto submasters, but "Chases" (which are step-based) have to live within cue stacks.

If you want live control of these chases, press "Fader Function" (it's one of the four buttons top middle of the console) and then choose "playbacks" on the Syntax Keys (the 5 blank keys with LCDs above them).

This will turn the bottom 20 faders on the ORB XF into playbacks 1 - 20 (the top 40 faders will stay as whatever they were before - channels or sub masters).

This means your chases on Cue Stack 1 and Cue Stack 2 will now be on the first and second fader of the bottom row.

Hope this helps.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control