Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

timing palettes

nappaoh

Hi everybody, I'm using a Zero 88 Solution for 2 months.

I'd like to set a time for fading in palettes. Manual only shows to do it by pushing time button and palette button at the same time. This is not easy to do during a live show, so I hope someone can explain me (if it exists) an easier way to do that or a way to set a default palettes fade time.

Thanks for your answer and sorry for my English... :) !

Andrea.

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to our forums!

If you press 'special', you will see that one of the Multi Functional Keys (MFKs) is called 'Time'. Pressing this allows you to set a time. Holding SHIFT whilst pressing 'time' turns this time on and off.

When on, everything you do in the programmer (including palettes) will take this amount of time.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 2 years later...

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to our forums!

If you press 'special', you will see that one of the Multi Functional Keys (MFKs) is called 'Time'. Pressing this allows you to set a time. Holding SHIFT whilst pressing 'time' turns this time on and off.

When on, everything you do in the programmer (including palettes) will take this amount of time.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Jon

Hi Jon,

I think I might have covered this with you in the past but we also use the pushing Time Button and one of Palette MFK Buttons etc at the same time for fading in palettes etc. If you hold the Time Button down for more than a second it then changes it's operation to a scroll button between the Colour, Beamshape, Position modes but we can't find a way of changing it back unless we turn the desk off and back on. Obviously if this happens whilst in the middle of a live event this is not possible and causes us a massive problem (if you have a remedy for this please let me know :D).

So is it SHIFT whilst pressing TIME Button (next to the NAME Button) or TIME MFK on SPECIAL Page 1 to turn this on?

Thanks Jon

Leighton