Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Sirius24 Chili dimmer prob

CHIPS

I have an elderly and loved Sirius 24 which works fine via DEmux48 and Betapack 2.

In a recently fitted school system fedding into Chili dimmers via Pulsar DMX splitter there is not a trace of a signal. The School Jester 48ML works . Has there been a change of DMX spec or (no names no pack drill but happened in a nearby school) is it possible for the Jester to work with an incorrectly fitted dimmer system ??

From experience - are you using the same cable to connect your Sirius as the Jester?

We've come across some installations in the past where there's been a 'special' cable which was pin inverted or non-standard wiring... Some Pulsar installations use the shield of the XLR's as ground too but this might indicate a 'special' cable involved.

It would also be worth checking the Chilli's to see if there's any patching going on as well - some installations use it with multiple spaces to do channel allocations 'correctly'

Without being next to it, DMX problem solving is going to be long winded...

Ian Knight aka The Service Guy - www.serviceguy.co.uk

I tried all combinations of leads available - certainly my lead with the jester - I'll double check with their lead to my board. Will check patching today but the Pulsar LEDs were not even lighting to show activity. I can run this show from their board but am not happy that the installation is correct. The contractors were general electricians; solid citizens but clueless re DMX. I also intend to test with the demux48 starting the chain in case it's my system that is unique! Thank you. A lot of rigging to do today so testing will happen when there is time.